Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My name is Julia and I am new to the poodle forum. I am a SAHM of two human teens (17 and 15), married for......gasp 21 years and am owned by two standard poodles Romeo (4 yr old cream standard), Brandy (2 yrs. 8 mos. apricot, ex red female) and one audacious 2 year old Havanese who is absolutely convinced he is a standard poodle. :D

We live in San Francisco,but are currently visiting family in So. Cal.

We look forward to getting to know every on this forum. Here is a couple of pics of my crew. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
HI Julia, I am in Marin County, just North of you, Welcome, I have a 13 year old blue girl , welcome to the forum. I am on a wait list with a local breeder and hope to get another black boy in the next couple of months. Did you get your dogs locally? They're very cute - even the havanese. I have a friend that just got one recently. Suzanne

·
Registered
209 Posts
Seems like we have a lot of Californians on this forum! I wonder if there is some sort of California-poodle connection, or if it's just a coincidence?

(I'm in Davis).

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi, California is a great place for poodles. Where is yours from? My breeder on my 13 yr old was in So. California.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have Norcalpoodlerescue in my favorites, I always look there. I think it's wonderful you got your poodle from them.

I think my Roxy will be going to heaven tomorrow and I am so sad but I like to see and hear happy things today. Give your pooch extra smooches today for me. Suzanne

·
Registered
209 Posts
Ok, Marley is hearby smooched. My thoughts are with you and Roxy... give her a smooch from me. You will always remember the fun times you had together.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thanks so much, Roxy has had a great time here with us and been loved and spoiled just like they should be. We have also cherished the times. I will come back to chat though because the new puppy boy was born a couple of weeks ago (bitersweet at the moment). Looking forward to chatting again. Enjoy Marley!!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the welcome guys. :)

Susanne - I am so sorry about Roxy and give her an extra belly rub. Unforunately, these things can't be helped....sigh. Both Romeo and Brandy were semi-rescues or better put private adoptions that never got listed. I tried to adopt through Norcalpoodlerescue but they didn't have any young standards (or any standards for that matter) when I was looking to adopt. Which breeder are you on a wait list for?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi Julia, Thanks for the good thoughts (sorry I had to share a sad story to your welcome). Yours are darling. Have a whole lot of fun. Are you in the city? Just visiting So. Calif? or from there? I am from there originally. Suzanne

·
Registered
133 Posts
The breeder is here in San Rafael. The female had 11 puppies blacks and whites - amazing! I always thought my girl was a black until a couple of months ago - she is a Blue. Wondered why she charcoaled out so early.

My parenst are in Studio City, anywhere close to your folks?

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Welcome :)

I`m from the Folsom area myself... might be moving up the hill a bit more soon but we are all pretty darn close to each other :D

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The breeder is here in San Rafael. The female had 11 puppies blacks and whites - amazing! I always thought my girl was a black until a couple of months ago - she is a Blue. Wondered why she charcoaled out so early.

My parenst are in Studio City, anywhere close to your folks?
Really close, my parents are in the Tarzana/Encino area.

Is your breeder Graphic by any chance???? I love her silver standards!!!!

Hi Todd. :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi, Yes, the valley is pretty small really. Had friends in Encino.

The breeder is not Graphis, she does have pretty silvers though. I am going to Cabernet.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Funny, She is known for her whites but this litter is blacks and whites. Either way a dog from her will be wonderful. I just lost my 13 year old a couple of hours ago, so the puppy will be welcome in a couple of months.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi Julia - The puppies are adorable. My 7 year old daughter and I have had a couple of chances to see the puppies and play with them, the puppy will be coming home in about three weeks. We are all excited. How are you guys doing?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts