Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody!
We are breeders located in Slovenia, Central Europe. We are breeding American Staffordshire Terriers and White Swiss Shepherds, but always had special passion for Poodles. We had poodles from my childhood, oldest dog in our family is 11,5 years old girl, named Tiara. She came from Serbia, when I was only 13, so we basically grew up together.
Our youngest member is 2,5 months old toy poodle named Diva and she came from Croatia. Our kennel was registered 2,5 years ago and we put all our time, money and love into our dogs and litters.
We hope that Diva will be nice addition to our family and our pack.
We have 3 White Swiss Shepherds and 2 Amstaffs living with Tiara and Diva. Of course, all purebred and FCI registered.
I always had only pet poodles, but would love to learn as much as possible and attend some shows with our Diva. And also I need to learn sooo much about poodle clips (as our groomers are closed right now).

Here is Diva, saying hello to everybody!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you! I have many experiences in grooming Shepherds, preparing them for shows etc. but poodles are something different. 😅 I already saw many posts here, but still not confident enough to groom her properly.

·
Super Moderator
7,249 Posts
Thank you! I have many experiences in grooming Shepherds, preparing them for shows etc. but poodles are something different. 😅 I already saw many posts here, but still not confident enough to groom her properly.
They really are something different! Lol. But with your experience, I think you’ll pick it up quickly.

You might find this book helpful:

·
Premium Member
4,382 Posts
Welcome - what an adorable puppy. Glad you found us and decided to be a member. Poodle grooming is still a mystery for me. Remember it will grow back (and sooner than you think)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hi! I second @PeggyTheParti book recommendation. I am getting a miniature from a show breeder in the Netherlands this year. Im not sure whether I will go to shows but I am interested in trying or at least try the traditional poodle clips.

I have this book and it really is international. I was very impressed by that. It covers everything from the basics of brushing and bathing to various pet and show clips.

And it includes the FCI show clips! Which made me very happy. The AKC and FCI dont have the same rules for the poodle clips. We Europeans have a little more flexibility and can also show in what is sometimes called the scandinavian clip. Ive also seen it called the lion clip.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Welcome! It is nice to have people from around the world on this forum. Of course, some people think I am from Mexico, but actually I live in New Mexico, a state in the southwestern USA.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you so much! I’ll ty to find this book here or order it. Yesterday I spoke to our groomer, send her some pics of Diva, shaving her muzzle and paws won’t be problem, she recommended me to use really sharp scissors and go slowly. I’ll try to make her cut today, let’s hope I won’t ruin it. 😅

1 - 10 of 10 Posts