Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. My name is Justine. I am a Nationally Certified Master Groomer with the NDGAA and a Certified Feline Master Groomer with the NCGIA.
I am also a Professional Competitive Creative Groomer.

I love most standard poodles and don't think I could ever live without one.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You will find a lot of groomers on here from all over the world. Flyingduster has just recently done a big grooming competition in New Zealand. Hope you enjoy it here.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have 2 cream standard poodles, but they are hardly ever cream. lol. I'm a professional competitive creative groomer. Have you ever seen the Pittsburgh Steeler Poodle that was all over the internet? That's my boy Silas. He is actually retired now. My Franchesca was the poodle that was the seahorse in a link to the New York times article that someone else posted.
I would love to get a mini parti at some point to compete in the breed profile grooming competitions with. But until then, it's model yarn dogs for me.
Don't worry, their life is not all about competing. The other 363 days a year, they are just my pets and sleep on my couch, and eat out of the the garbage, like any other dogs.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, I've seen a lot of questions about lineage of the poodles.

Well, Silas' sire was "I don't know" and the bitch was "I don't care". lol. Honestly, I got him on Petfinder. He did have papers, but I lost them. I do remember that he was from Ohio, and his breeder was the president of a poodle club. His conformation is horrid and he has addison's disease and seasonal allergies. But I don't care about any of that. He has been my creative partner and he is a wonderful pet. I was his 3rd home, and I will be his last.

Franchesca was bred from 2 dogs who are used for creative purposes. She does have papers, but I haven't gotten them yet, nor do I care too. I'm not breeding her. She will be spayed soon. She is a BEAUTIFUL dog with a wonderful personality. Sometimes I just look at her and smile. I knew her parents tempers and health history. I knew people who had gotten other dogs from the father. I keep in touch with her parent's owners. Her sister is a service dog.

That's all. In case anyone was interested.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Welcome, Justine! It's great to have you here. I loved the photos of the "seahorse"! It's really incredible what you guys do. Such time and talent that goes into it all. I can't wait to see more photos of your dogs!

BTW I wish I'd known about coloring and so forth when my Toy was young. He would have been every color of the rainbow :). He really doesn't mind being groomed, so who knows, maybe I will use a little color on him sometime for fun.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My friend has done a lot of creative on my male cream. He is currently in a German clip and she is going to carve a paw in his side and dye him blue...I can post some creative pics...for example, he had an HCC over Halloween and the cape was spiderwebbed with black ears and tail while the rosettes were pumpkins.
For Christmas, he had red and green bracelets and ears, that were alternated...and the rosettes were mints.

:) Karen

1 - 9 of 9 Posts