Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm Charlie and my red minature poodle is named Ivan. His copper colored eyes glow when caught in the light. He is now 15 1/2. Ivan is my shadow, he is almost always with me. He is a fabulous companion! Smart, playful, loving and devoted. Everyone he meets falls for him.

Ivan is companion trained, walks beside me off leash, and takes direction by hand although I always use a leash in busy or new settings since he has lost some hearing. He's never forgotton a trick! If I'm gone from the house, he waits at the door for my return. Although Ivan had a heart attack about 8 months ago, he is getting along fairly well and has far out-lived the veternarians expectations.

I'm excited about being a member of the poodle forum, and look forward to participating One day I'll be seeking a little help to locate my next poodles.

I'll post pics when I learn the procedure.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I see a red check under the column heading "Rating" Oh my, have I done something incorrectly? Charlie

·
Registered
7,158 Posts
Welcome. Charlie sounds like the perfect companion poodle. It’s hard when they get older and start to have health issues.

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Welcome to PF! What a long loving life Ivan has had! He is cute little guy! This is a great place to have help in finding your next one too.......but I do hope Ivan sticks around a bit more...I have a soft spot for the 'oldie but goodies' and I hope you post lots of Ivan pics and stories!

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Welcome to the forum and what a lovely boy your Ivan is. It is bittersweet when our companion dogs age, they are just who we want them to be for us. I hope he can be with you for a long time. This is a great forum and everyone is most helpful.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts