Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, just making the official new member greeting. I've recently adopted a black male standard, named him Otto. He's my first standard poodle (family had a mini when I was a kid). Otto'll be 3 months today (21st) & is already a handfull!

I've had other large breed dogs, just lost my beloved german shepherd this summer after 14 epic years, but Otto's proving to be . . . different.

I plan on spending a lot of time lurking & studying this forum for advice. Post pic's as soon as I can get some that don't just look like a black vague dog shape.

Anyhoo. . . just saying Hi.

Sean

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I'm so sorry to hear about your german shepherd, I hope that having Otto is helping you deal with the loss. Can't wait for pictures of him :)

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Welcome. Love the name Otto - sorry for the loss of your GS. They are fantastic dogs. I have a great friend that does the first year of training with GS in preparation for the academy to be guide dogs.

Congrats on your poodle~:)

·
Registered
335 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Sean! We have a GS as will as our minis and yes-they are extremely different. Poodles are "needier" in terms of human companionship and take a much lighter touch when disciplining (although this varies also). Anyway-glad you found this group-it is a great support.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Welcome to his forum Sean and Otto, I am sure you will enjoy it here. My Grandfathers name was Otto, My Dad, Otto Jr. and my brothers name is Otto 3rd.

·
Registered
6 Posts
HI

I'm also new as a member and am also from Northern Michigan..Where are you located? I'm in Charlevoix. Dawn

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the warm welcomes! This may be the friendliest, most helpful forum on the interwebs.

Dawn, I just recently moved to Alanson, from downtown Petoskey, I work in Charlevoix from time to time at Book World (extreme part time over the winter, more in the summer), also work in Petoskey. Won't be down there for a couple weeks, think the 11th (dec) is my next day at Book World, maybe you could bring your pups by for a visit?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts