Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow poodle lovers!
My name is Julia! I joined the forum about a month ago and never introduced myself. I figured now is as good a time as any. 🤷‍♀️ I am currently in college and live with my parents and 3 brothers. Our family owns 2 standard poodles, both under 2 years old. We also have a 10 year old newfoundland/lab mix and 2 alpacas. I am hoping to buy a spoo of my own in a few years. I look forward to learning as much as I can here and sharing when I can.

Also, @FloofyPoodle , I didn't mean to cause any confusion with our names. I hadn't come across you before I joined. If I could change it, I would. I'm sorry.

·
Super Moderator
7,973 Posts
Welcome! You can always submit a support request via the contact form at the bottom of the site, but I don't think your names will cause confusion.

I've often thought Peggy looks a bit like an alpaca. Do your poodles get along with them?

·
Registered
767 Posts
lol, it’s totally fine! Although it’s super ironic—we actually share the same real name! Maybe it’s fate or something XD. I’ve always been a big fan of alpacas—do you have pictures?

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
Hello and welcome! Your pair are adorable. I love seeing a happy 4 legged family. How does your Newfy-Lab mix enjoy having two youngsters around?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Here is the requested alpaca picture (they wore bow ties for Christmas). The black one is Felix and the white is Burrito.
As to how the newfie/lab likes his sisters, they sometimes overwhelm him with their young poodle energy and playfulness. Most of the time they are separated, as he was never neutered and primarily lives outside.

·
Registered
7,676 Posts
Welcome Fluffy. Your alpacas are adorable.

Reactions: Fluffy Poodle 4

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to you and your crew. Love the alpacas - are they sneaky?
No, they're not sneaky. They are super good boys... until you try to catch them! 🤣 We've figured out how to work with each other though. A little bit of grain is always a good bribe. 😉 They have also become more trusting over the past few years, so that makes it easier to catch them when toenails need trimming or they need to be sheared.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I had a woman with two exceptionally fine alpacas ask me to spin the fiber. No. I had her bring it to a mill and blend it with a little wool. Then, I knit two ponchos for her granddaughters with it. I had to stop knitting in the summer because that fiber is SO WARM. But it sure is nice!

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
Since we're all in love with your alpacas -- and the rest of your krewe! -- I thought I'd share this bit of video about an alpaca who interrupted a recent soccer game, much to the delight of the young players.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you Liz! I thoroughly enjoyed the video of Oscar, especially when they joked about adding him to the team! 🤣

1 - 12 of 12 Posts