Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Bobbie and I am the owner of Brewtus. He is just a little over 4 years old. We live in Connecticut. I joined this site looking for support from other poodle lovers. Brewtus is in the hospital right now. He had surgery Sunday night due to a slipped disk. He is receiving hopefully the best care that I was able to get him. He went to Tufts in MA, just an hour or so from our home in Connecticut. My husband is in the Air Force so we are hoping to do some traveling with Brew.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hopefully he will be able to come home Friday. He is a toy poodle and I have had him since he was born practically. He is a very friendly pooch and loves to bounce around. I know that it will take some time for him to recover and he can have all the time in the world.

·
Registered
912 Posts
:welcome: I'm sure Brew will be on the mend and home with you in no time. My thoughts are with you both, I know how difficult these times can be.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Awww poor Brewtus! Welcome to the forum and here is to wishing him a speedy recovery! I will keep him in my thoughts and hope to hear a good update on him soon! I am sure not having him at home is really tough, but hang in there!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the kind words. Unfortunately, he is not doing well. His spinal cord is dying off so soon his body will be paralyzed and he will have trouble breathing. I want what is best for him and for him not to suffer.

I will be heading to Tufts tomorrow night to say my final good-byes.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Bobbie, I am so sorry to hear that. You are doing the right thing, but it still hurts. My heart goes out to yours. So sad.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Bobbie, oh I'm so sorry to hear this terrible news about Brewtus. He is so young too. I know what it is like to lose a young dog from no fault of yours so unexpectably. about 10 yrs. ago we had a young dog that we loved dearly. She was mainly MY dog, she was MY protector, MY best friend, MY shadow. She developed a small bump not much bigger then a pimple on her hip, W/I about a week it grew into about the size of a small egg. Ended up being a tumor. Our vet didn't feel it would be cancer, due to the fact that she was so young and so full of **** and vinegar. He felt that this was going to be just a fatty tumor, would operate and be gone with it. Low and behold this ended up being a deep malignant tumor that went all the way into her spine. She was going to end up with simular problems that your Brewtus would have so we had her put down so she would not have to suffer. To this day I think of her often. Just remember all of the good times that you did have to spend with Brewtus, nobody can ever take those times away from you. No other dog will ever take his place, but you can love others as well. We also would like to thank you and your husband for serving our country. Please stay safe and keep the faith.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Oh I am so sorry...that is just awful. I totally understand you wanting to do what is in Brewtus's best interest and just try to remember that giving him the gift of no pain is the best one any owner can give when the time comes.

I am truly sorry for what has happened and hope you have good memories of him.:rainbow:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all for the kind words. He was put to rest and is in a better place now. My husband who is in the Air Force is away until June 2009 and he felt just horrible after hearing what was going on and what I had to do.

He was cremated and I will be bringing him home tomorrow.

We do have a new addition to our family. He was delivered the other day. His name is Morrissey and he is 8 weeks old.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts