Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is Lauren and I am currently living in Minneapolis, Minnesota and attending the University of Minnesota, but I am originally from Pennsylvania.

I do not have any poodles right now, but I do have a Pembroke Welsh Corgi! Frodo is 4 years old and he is currently staying with my friend in North Carolina until this summer when I can get a place that allows dogs so I can bring him out here.
Here are a few woe filled pictures of Frodo from his last bath before I left for MN in January:

I will not be getting another dog until I graduate from college (2 years) and depending on Frodo I may not add another dog until he passes on, so it may be quite some time! My boyfriend and I are both huge dog lovers and we are starting to research for potential next breeds, and thus far have narrowed it down to either a Poodle, a Chinese Crested, or a Basenji. Unfortunately my bf is allergic to dogs so we are focusing on more allergy friendly breeds, though he will be starting immunotherapy sessions this season to hopefully alleviate some of his symptoms.

As for poodles, depending on our living situation we will probably end up with either a mini or a standard.

Normally I do not post an introduction until I am sure that I will be sticking around and get a feel for the forum, but I'm not going to wait and miss out on all the pictures! ;)

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Welcome. :) I must say you have a cute corgi.................and it's one of my least favorite dogs:eek:hwell: Not anything against them, it's something in the shape of their bodies that I am uneasy about, I am still trying to figure that out because it bothers does make me wonder... How will your BF do with him? (with the hair and dander)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome. :) I must say you have a cute corgi.................and it's one of my least favorite dogs:eek:hwell: Not anything against them, it's something in the shape of their bodies that I am uneasy about, I am still trying to figure that out because it bothers does make me wonder... How will your BF do with him? (with the hair and dander)
Thanks for the welcome! Unfortunately the corgi as a breed is continuing to get longer and shorter as they stay in the show ring :eek:hwell: You are by far not the only person concerned about their shape and it is one reason why I will probably not have another one unless I can find a throwback!

My boyfriend is fine with Frodo as long as he has Caritin in his system, and corgis are far from the most allergy friendly breed. However, we don't really want him to have to be on drugs constantly if we can avoid it, which is why we are looking into immunotherapy, as well as other steps to help (hardwood floors, air purifiers, etc.).

Thanks Harley! :)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Hi welcome..Frodo is cute...I also have allergies and on weekly shots and all sorts of meds...LOL..luckily I work for a doctor..but I have 4 dogs only one of which is the poodle and he is the youngest..*G*

·
Registered
109 Posts
Welcome Lauren! I am new here, too! Talking with poodle owners is an excellent way to learn more about this magnificent breed! I hope you enjoy your stay!
Tess

1 - 6 of 6 Posts