Poodle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone!
I just found this site while I was searching for some nice international poodle forums to join in. I hope that I can take part on discussions even thought my english isn't the best possible. :tongue:

So, as you can see from the topic, I write from Finland...
My name is Katja and I own 2 poodles: A silver standard female Frida (Mermix Hasta Manana) and a silver miniature female Isa (Olymbinar's Ice Princess).

Frida is almost two years old and she is my very first poodle. But she has definitely shown me what is the perfect choice of breed for me! Once you get a poodle, you get hooked forever, I've heard someone to say. That's true in my case. Frida has such a lovely personality; sweet and kind, energetic but stable. Wonderfull companion and a perfect friend for different hobbies!

With Frida I got interested in dog shows and grooming. I've allways groomed her by myself (and Isa too), even thought the first tryes were so horrible that I'm never gonna show those photos in public. :biggrin1:
When it comes to dog shows I'm a rookie aswell, as Frida is my first "showdog". I've been showing her 14 times for now, and Frida has acchieved:

Finnish Winner 2008 -title
11 x CAC
2 x CACIB
6 x BOB
3 x BOS
#1 Top-winning silver/apricot/red standard poodle in Finland year 2008.

Frida is still too young to finish her champion title. :smile:

We also do agility together, which Frida looooooooves. We'we also tried some greyhound racing. And we started to train some hunting last summer, but Frida decided to hate water -so we forgot that.

And then comes Isa. She's a six month's old pup full of energy. A lovely small girl (37 cm at withers) with lots and lots of temperament. With Isa we're still learning the basics of life and enjoying the puppyage, but in the future we're heading to shows and agility, and if we have time we'll do some obedience training aswell.

And now I stop writing before I write a novell. :tongue:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's a couple of photos of Frida, I'll add some of Isa later.

Frida being BOB in the Finnish Winner show 2008:

Frida posing

And this is how she looks like for the most of the time :lol:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Hello hasta and welcome to this forum. Seems to me that your english is just fine. Congtatulations on your accomplishments with showing Frida. She is just beautiful.

·
Registered
183 Posts
tervetullut Katja

(I am finnish american but have no grasp of the finnish language....)

Your dog Frida is really beautiful. I'd love to see pictures of Isa (doesn't that mean big or grand?) too.

I was hooked on poodles as a child but have never shown mine (though my dogs get better and better quality).

Right now, I have Star, a miniature apricot who is five months.

I look forward to you sharing your experiences with your dogs.

~Mari :)star: keeper)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Mari and FUZBUTZ, and thanks for your compliments. :smile:
I'm really looking forward to get to know poodles & you owners from another countries -here in Finland especially standard poodle is such a small breed in number that we all know eachoter allready.

Big or grand... hmm. Well, it doesn't mean anything like that in finnish (it's just a quite common callname). Thought it would have been a great idea to give Isa a name with that kind of a meaning; she's really a large dog trapped in her little body. :tongue:

But here's anyway a pic of Isa, at the age of 6 months:

·
Registered
183 Posts
What a pretty pose!

She is adorable too.

(I told you my finnish is very bad....mom did not teach me much....I was thinking of isoisä which I think of as big daddy/grandfather. I'll stick to English!)

·
Registered
616 Posts
OMG!!! Your dogs are BEAUTIFUL!! I can only hope that my Dutch will turn out such a pretty silver!! Cant wait to see more pics of you lovely girls!!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Hi Hasta and welcome. :)

Your poodles are absolutely gorgeous and owning a silver is my dream. But, with two poodles and one havanese, hubby is not allowing any more dogs for a while....sigh. Thank you for posting pictures, your dogs are truly spectacular!!!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Hello Katja!! Welcome - your girls are BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the face on your Mini. Can't wait to see more photos of them!

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Hi Mari and FUZBUTZ, and thanks for your compliments. :smile:
I'm really looking forward to get to know poodles & you owners from another countries -here in Finland especially standard poodle is such a small breed in number that we all know eachoter allready.

Big or grand... hmm. Well, it doesn't mean anything like that in finnish (it's just a quite common callname). Thought it would have been a great idea to give Isa a name with that kind of a meaning; she's really a large dog trapped in her little body. :tongue:

But here's anyway a pic of Isa, at the age of 6 months:
she is gorgeous also!

·
Registered
419 Posts
:welcome: Katja. Frida and Isa are very beautiful girls. We look forward to seeing many more pictures of them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello Katja:hello:

I´m new to this forum as well as You. We are almost neighbours :wink: , since I live just outside Tukholma, Ruotsi.

Your dogs are very beautiful. I would like to have a silver sometime.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts