Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Kathy Gibson and I am a Spoo Mama wannabe. I have had dogs all my life including my 3yo poodle mix, Maya. I enjoy travel, photography and am also a beekeeper.

I've joined this site to learn more about Standard Poodles, be a part of a like-minded community, and hopefully find a Spoo to adopt. Looking forward to learning more. I've already really enjoyed looking at many of the photos you all have posted....thanks for sharing!

Kind regards,
Kathy:)

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Hey there Kathy. Welcome to the forum. Hoping you find it helpful in making a good choice when you are ready to welcome a furkid into your life! What colour are you thinking of? Would you be interested in showing or agility or obedience? Would you be willing to travel or have a puppy shipped to you?

Enjoy your time here!

·
Registered
539 Posts
I've joined this site to learn more about Standard Poodles, be a part of a like-minded community, and hopefully find a Spoo to adopt.

Poodle rescue of New England often has Spoos for adoption.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Poodles from the Shelter

Hi...thanks for the comment about the NE Poodle Shelter. I did check there. They had a few standards, mostly older than what I was really hoping for. I will continue to look however.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey there Kathy. Welcome to the forum. Hoping you find it helpful in making a good choice when you are ready to welcome a furkid into your life! What colour are you thinking of? Would you be interested in showing or agility or obedience? Would you be willing to travel or have a puppy shipped to you?

Enjoy your time here!
Arreau....I am really interested in agility and possibly thereapy work. I live in a town that has a dog park with an agility course (amazing!). I am very fond of the silver and also red coats, silver-beige would be another fav. I would travel to pick up a puppy in NE or mid-atlantic. My last dog was shipped from Washington State...seemed to go just fine. I am also interested (and now have the time) to learn to do the grooming myself. So lots to keep me occupied. Appreciate any recomendations you may have.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There is so much information here it is amazing. I came here knowing nothing about spoos and now I feel I am very knowledgeable and I don't even have my baby yet. Thank goodness for the search function. On a side note, my dad used to keep bees. It is such an interesting field. :willy:

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Thank you Oodlejpoodles. Yes, I have three planned litters between June 2010 and April 2011. But I would be happy to refer you to other red breeders who are ethical and doing things right.

For silver, Desertreef on here has some exciting things happening, and Bibelot has three litters coming up this summer. Best of luck in your searchh, whoever you decide on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts