Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I am from Canada, and am currently owned by three dogs
A cross who is 11 years old, a Boston who is 4...actually five! and a little French bulldog.
I am a dog walker and I LOVE it. I recently I fell head over heels for one of my clients dogs, a standard poodle who is known as a 'problem' dog through the cities dog walkers. We've had a break through and he's now my star 'push button boy'. His family is thinking about giving him up... which is kind of horrible but kind of great, they have issues controlling him he is crated when no one is home and locked in the laundry room when the family is home becuase he is just too excited to be around the families three little kids. It is good because my three Love him so much and when he comes for boarding (fairly often when his family wants a 'break' from him) he fits right in, including filling the last empty place on the bed :fingers-crossed:
But should he just stay my favorite client, I would like to adopt/rescue a standard poodle or buy a puppy I haven't decided yet...

anyway
HI!

·
Registered
646 Posts
I say adopt him. If he fits in with your lifestyle and your other dogs give the poor guy a break I am sure he isn't hyper just needs some fun.
How will he learn to behaive locked up 24 7.
Now that said I have resorted to caging Casey for a break some times but he always gets a good play and run first then it is like here have a bone and a time out.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love him so much and I really hope they decide to give him up. Right now they are 'thinking' about it. he acts perfect for me! perfect gentleman. for them? he hates them, I have to drag him out of the truck and into his home. :(

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
That is HORRIBLE! They should not keep him locked up just because he is excited to be with them, I have a spoo and she can get excited too, when she first came home with us 2 months ago, she would bump into my 2 1/2 yr old twins and my 6 yr old, yes we had a few falls on the bottoms for the twins, even a few scratches on the arms and face from her excitement. But with supervision and letting her be a MEMBER of the family instead of locking her up because of it, she has learned she will be able to be out with us and she has calmed down ALOT! She still gets excited in the mornings, we do crate her along with our 2 toy poodles at night and when we are not home, but I am a stay at home mom, so that is not often during the day.

He should NOT be locked up all the time for being happy to be around them, I hope they give him up and you adopt him since sadly they do not seem to want him as a family member and you do. Can not wait to see pics!!! O lol and:welcome:

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I hope you get to adopt him. He sounds like a typical rambunctious boy that has lots of love. I've always thought that a lot of hyper dogs are just screaming for some attention from their family. I don't think people realize how much dogs, and especially poodles, want to be included in the family.

Welcome to the forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts