Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined this forum and like to say Hi to everyone.
I've been visiting here time to time and noticed some familier faces, and
Thought would be fun to join.
My name is Noriko, aka Mimi.
I live in S.Cal and I own grooming salon for 12 years now.
I have 3 standards and 2 minis and all I can say is Poodles are wonderful!!!
Hope to get to meet more poodle lovers here!

Noriko

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Welcome to this poodle forum Noriko, I'm sure you will enjoy it here. We would all love to see pictures of your fur babies. I live in Central Cal., but was born and raised in So. Cal., do you mind me asking what part of So. Cal. you are from?

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Welcome!

Do you travel with all your poodles?? I have 4 now and was wondering about that. :):)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hi Mimi... Welcome to this busy forum! I hope you'll contribute your valuable experience from time to time! <g>
If anyone has not seen your poodles yet, I'd refer them to see them on your website. They are not only beautiful, but are so well behaved and super sweet!

Glad you are here,
Karen

·
Registered
448 Posts
Q:
I live in Central Cal., but was born and raised in So. Cal., do you mind me asking what part of So. Cal. you are from?
------
Mimi can answer for herself but I'll ask you too...

How central? North of Ventura, where I lived for years? And where in So?
I was raised in Torrance.... back in the 70's... things were much different then!
Making this poodle related... I used to be afraid of dogs, 'back then' so my parents bought a silver mini, which became my best friend. Now... they probably regret it as poodles have become my life. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks everyone!
Fuzbutz, I'm in San Fernando valley, about an Hour away from Ventura County.
And you can see my guys on my website.
www.Norikopoodles.com

Olie, I don't really travel with my dogs, I wish I can. just go to Grooming competition and conformation shows.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Q:
I live in Central Cal., but was born and raised in So. Cal., do you mind me asking what part of So. Cal. you are from?
------
Mimi can answer for herself but I'll ask you too...

How central? North of Ventura, where I lived for years? And where in So?
I was raised in Torrance.... back in the 70's... things were much different then!
Making this poodle related... I used to be afraid of dogs, 'back then' so my parents bought a silver mini, which became my best friend. Now... they probably regret it as poodles have become my life. :)
Central Cal.: Live just outside of Modesto, about 100 mi. so. of Sacramento. Southern Cal.: Born in San Diego. Moved to San Gabriel Valley area when I was about 7 yrs. old. Moved to Central Cal. in 1976. Left here and lived in Oregon for 2 yrs. in 1988 and then in No. Utah for 2 yrs. in 1990 - 1991. We then moved back to Central California again. Now trying to find a way to move to Texas. I Guess one could pretty much call us Gypies.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Noriko, My Aunt and Uncle use to live in Sunland, which I believe is in San Fernando Valley, but not sure? I have family that live in San Bernadino County. Your dogs are simply beautiful. BTW, when you posted your web site address you left the "d" out of "poodles", and it wouldn't open up, so typed it in correctly to enter.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Welcome

I live in so cal also, I think I may have met you before at a show not sure. My bf lives in san fernando city :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Hi Roxy25,
Yes we have met at Ventura show and I think that was Enzo's first show?
Malcolm and Enzo was in same class I think.
I own Malcolm's dad Stonie.
Sorry to hear about Enzo leaving, are you going to get your own?

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Hi Roxy25,
Yes we have met at Ventura show and I think that was Enzo's first show?
Malcolm and Enzo was in same class I think.
I own Malcolm's dad Stonie.
Sorry to hear about Enzo leaving, are you going to get your own?
O Ok so it was you ! I did not catch you name we where so busy talking about our dogs lol

Yes it was Enzo's first show , it was nice meeting you and heather ( only know her name because of Desert reef lol)

I am not sure yet about getting my own.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Hi Mimi and welcome to the forum. :wave:

It is a small world, I hope you recognized my guys Romeo and Brandy. You cut their hair whenever we visit So. Cal. The kids say they miss you and want you to move to San Francisco. ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Julie!
I knew you are on this list :)
How are you and your kids?
Did you find good groomer there?
See you next summer?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Hey Mimi, :wave:

The fur kids are great, but the grooming experience seems to get stranger and strager. :( I went to George (who used to be really good), but I don't know if he was busy or let an assistant do my guys, but Romeo's face was all razor burned and Brandy's top knot had a huge chunk taken out right from the middle. :( I've been growing it out for two months, but unlike Romeo's hair, hers grows sooooo slow. Like I said, you've got to move up north girl. :biggrin: Oh and we are planning to come next summer, so will definitely see you then.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts