Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I'm owned by two dogs; an Australian Labradoodle, and a Toy Poodle. :) Absolutely love the breed and can't wait to get some more helpful information.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Welcome, your dogs are very cute. Nice picture.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Welcome. Are you a guardian home for one of the Doodle breeders in BC?

One thing that jumps out at me is a grooming issue. I notice that your Doodle has lots of hair in his eyes. I know Doodle breeders are forever showing pictures of dogs with their eyes completely covered with hair, but from a training standpoint, it is vital that you keep that hair trimmed up.

Poodles and poodle-mixes are sensitive and they can be reactive dogs. When they can't see correctly it can lead to behavioral problems.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts

One thing that jumps out at me is a grooming issue. I notice that your Doodle has lots of hair in his eyes. I know Doodle breeders are forever showing pictures of dogs with their eyes completely covered with hair, but from a training standpoint, it is vital that you keep that hair trimmed up.

Poodles and poodle-mixes are sensitive and they can be reactive dogs. When they can't see correctly it can lead to behavioral problems.
I was not being as blunt ;) but since you mentioned it I agree the hair should not lay in the eyes it can cause their eyes to run scratching it, I know my one spoo's eyes get irritated quick live and learn - just being helpful! I must still say he is cute -I like the straight hair on his face. Did you get him from a rescue group?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

No actually, not a guardian home. That picture was actually taken only a few days after we brought Reese (the labradoodle) home with us (she was purchased from a breeder at the age of one). Don't worry, we trimmed the hair almost immediately after we got home. :p

:) thanks for your concern though guys!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
:welcome: to the forum! Your dogs are adorable! I'm particularly interested to hear your experiences/opinions about your doodle, there have been some interesting Doodle threads on here, so it will be cool to hear some thoughts first hand from a doodle owner :)
:canada:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts