Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had written a very long post a few weeks back, but it didn't get posted. I don't know what went wrong. Let's try this again :)

I have a fantastic 3 year old Multicolored Toy Poodle named Kaiser. Even though I liked poodles when I was a professional groomer over 18 years ago, I never knew how amazing it would be to have one myself. Over the years I've had a Pembroke Corgi and two rescued Australian Cattle Dogs. As smart as the herding breeds are they just don't compare to how easy this little poodle has been to train and love.

I've just purchased my own home for the first time and in the next year I will be looking to add a Miniature to my home and life. I'm thankful for the 11 years I worked as a groomer since I can now take care of my own dogs and enjoy the shocked faces of people when I tell them I groom him myself. I love the old style pattern clips the most. Kaiser can usually be seen in either a Dutch or Modified Continental. He's a fancy boy!

Kaiser has his CGC certification and I've thought about finishing him up with a Therapy Dog certification. With the Mini, I'm thinking I'd like to try Conformation showing, but I just don't know if I can take the time to do the daily coat maintenance and banding required for a spray up topknot. I do have my eye on a somewhat local breeder that has fantastic Minis that could maybe mentor me if I decide to jump into the deep end of that pool.

Hopefully this will make it through to the forum this time. Then I can post pics of His Royal Fuzziness, Kaiser.

·
Premium Member
22,964 Posts
Welcome to active PF life. We love pictures and hope you will join in.

We have a GSD and two poodles. All three are smart as can be, but I just adore the poodles for their eagerness to please and lack of herding breed habits like pacing and pacing and pacing.

Reactions: Broxi

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Welcome to PF! Oh My Goodness, Kaiser is a cutie! Love that you keep him in a traditional clip.......I love fluff too! Keep the pictures comin'! Hope you find a beautiful mini!

Reactions: Broxi

·
Premium Member
4,029 Posts
Welcome - great to have another professional groomer on the forum. Kaiser is wonderful - thanks for posting pix.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts