Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so happy I found this forum. We have been looking for a small standard poodle or a large miniature (or Moyan), apricot in color, and male. I think we have narrowed down the breeder thanks to this forum (Karbit)!

This will be our first poodle (we have had Boxers in the past). When we had Boxers I was on the boxer forum learning about them, so now here I am wanting to suck all the information on Poodles that I need to know. Never thought I would get a poodle, but a friend of ours got one and OMG! We love him!

Looking forward to learning the in's and out's of being a poodle owner. Also, it's been a LONG time since we have had a puppy, so any threads you can point me to would be great (training, do's/don't in puppyhood, grooming, etc.). Vet recommendations, groomers, etc in Austin are also welcomed!

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,158 Posts

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Welcome to the poodle forum. We too have a boxer and go to the boxer forum, for the past 4 years. Our boxer actually belongs to my adult daughter who lives at home but I was worried i would not have him and wanted another large dog in the house before I got any older. Hence our poodle who is 1 year old now. They are just as sweet as the boxer, don't drool on you and don't shed. Just as quirky too. Mine is much more active than our boxer ever was, and has been a bit more of a challenge for me. But I would trade him for anything, you will be very happy. Good luck in your search and you will get tons of information on this forum plus its just a great group of folk who enjoy their furkids and enjoy sharing stories.

·
Premium Member
4,029 Posts
Welcome - my neighbor down the road has a boxer and he is the sweetest. Iam glad you have come to get information on Poodle Forum. Just noodle around and be free to ask questions.

·
Premium Member
9,622 Posts
Welcome to PF! Congratulations on your future Karbit puppy. Definitely get some recommendations for trainers and training classes. You will soon own a MENSA breed:)

·
Premium Member
22,982 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Welcome to PF! Yeah poodles are da bomb!!! You have made a great choice in both breed and breeder!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts