Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
I am so glad to have found this forum:) I live in Melbourne, Australia, and have a 13 year old maltese called Holly who has cost me $$$$ over her life so far. She has had MANY problems, and has been diabetic for 4 years, on insulin twice a day and she has to have blood glucose monitoring many times per day using a machine and a small stick to her ear or tail to get the blood. She is a wonderful dog and is so happy and full of life, despite her illnesses and her inability to walk far anymore (she gets around in a jogger stroller when I go for walks!) She has just been for a nice swim at the beach today though! It takes a lot to care for her, and I often don't get much sleep:) But I love her like a child
Because my beloved Holly is really getting on, and is not in the best of health (but doing well), the vet recommended that I get another dog now, because I am so attached to Holly, and will be devastated when she goes. I was very unsure about this, and wasn't going to. That was until I saw little Mr Monty in the pet shop, all on his own the day after Christmas. I NEVER look in pet shops as I don't like to see the pups in the cages, but for some weird reason I was drawn to go and look.....and saw Monty. I just had to have him and I have never felt that way when seeing other puppies. $800 later Mr Monty was on his way to his forever home by the bush and sea...a puppy paradise! Monty is a creamy/white miniature poodle, and was 8 weeks when I got him. He is now almost 7 months old, and I am so pleased that I got him! He is so beautiful and kind, he also looks like he has been here before, which sounds strange, but he has that look in his eyes of an old soul:) He is very smart, and can sit, drop, shake, stay etc. He is friendly with everyone, including dogs (unlike my other dogs have been). He is gentle and would never hurt anyone. He goes to training on Saturdays, which helps to socialize him, and help him to learn new things. It is great to have found this forum, as I have never had a poodle and would like to learn more about them.
Sorry for the long post!
xx Rachael and Monty:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
welcome. poodles are great. But let me tell you,b uyign from a pet stoe means you will more then likley have alot of health problems with him. as pet store dogs are just puppy mill dogs (I have one), mass produced. enjoy him though Im sure he willa nd does bring you much joy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts