Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone! I'm so glad to hear joining y'all here. My family is starting our search for a standard poodle. I wanted to get your take on a few breeders. I feel very unqualified to evaluate breeders because I have no clue what to look for.

Springer Clan Standard Poodles
Desert Oasis
Harmony Mountain Hunting Poodles
Desert Reef

I have read on this forum good things about Desert Reef and Harmony Mountain, but not the other two.

Thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
22,964 Posts
Welcome to PF. It is a sometimes daunting task to find a wonderful puppy. I am sure you will get lots of help in your search here. Since I am an east coaster I can't say I know too much about those breeders, but suspect others will chime in more specifically.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Hi Everyone! I'm so glad to hear joining y'all here. My family is starting our search for a standard poodle. I wanted to get your take on a few breeders. I feel very unqualified to evaluate breeders because I have no clue what to look for.

Springer Clan Standard Poodles
Desert Oasis
Harmony Mountain Hunting Poodles
Desert Reef

I have read on this forum good things about Desert Reef and Harmony Mountain, but not the other two.

Thanks for your help!

I think that is a very good list of standard poodle breeders. You might want to add Donnchada to the list. I really like the looks of Desert Reef, but all I have seen is their web site. One thought about people specializing in hunting - hunting poodles generally have lots of drive - they may be too active for you. All the breeders you listed probably do a good job of matching a puppy with you.

AND . . . are you aware that we have a poodle club here? Our web site is enchantedpoodleclub.com. We would love to have you as members.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I have lots of personal experience with Desert Reef since I live in the same town. She is great. I am even keeping one of her dogs at my house right now while my girl is out with a show handler. If you have any specific questions about Desert Reef I would be happy to answer them for you here or via PM. Sorry I don’t know much about the others at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts