Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All- My name is Mike and my standard is named Markus. We live in Alabama. Markus just turned seven. He is a neutered male, blue color. Markus is rather tall (about 29 inches) and skinny and weighed 68 pounds at his last veterinary visit. His mother is silver colored, his father is a very large standard.

I never thought I would have a poodle but after having a female standard (Giessla) for thirteen years and now Markus I cannot think of a better companion dog. I know several others who have standards and since getting my first one it seems that standard poodle people are de facto members of a "cult" for poodle people.

If I can assist any other forum members I'll try. I'm no expert but I will share what experience I have - and most of my standard poodle experience is positive.

Regards

Mike

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Welcome Mike and Markus!! You'll find that we pretty much ALL enjoy pictures here... Maybe we can "meet" Markus though photographs, too!!?!

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Welcome.

I am fairly new myself to this forum. So tell us about your poodle experience. Clearly your a diehard poodle lover. As I am sure most of us are. And send some pictures to btw:)

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Welcome, Mike! I hope the rough start on that food thread hasn't put you off. It's nothing personal! We're glad you're here. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Marion -- no problem. I'm used to rougher places than this. People dearly love their dogs - as they should. People also dearly love their money - as they should which explains why they don't like to pay so much for dog food, vet bills, grooming, taxes, healthcare, etc. I enjoy encouraging people to challenge their assumptions and trying to look at matters from different points of view. I enjoy observing vigorous responses.

BTW do you know how long this forum has been operating?

Regards

Mike and Markus

1 - 9 of 9 Posts