Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone. My name is Sarah, and I am the proud owner of a wonderful five-year-old black Standard Poodle named Faith. She is very much a clown and has lots of energy! We train and compete in agility, flyball, and rally. I am interested in dog training, and I'm a big proponent of clicker-training and positive reinforcement. I'm looking forward to hearing about your poodles and hoping to pick up some grooming tips here, as my poor girl has had many bad hair months due to my unskilled home grooms. :)

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
:welcome: There is a lot of great info here I'm sure you will find what you are look for.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Hello and welcome Omnipoodle!! Hope you enjoy it here. You will get loads of good information and grooming tips. And maybe you can help others with their rally and obedience questions. We love pictures to btw...

·
Registered
752 Posts
Welcome Omnipoodle! I'm so curious, was Faith named after the main character's spoo in the Laurien Berensen books? If not, you really should read them, and if so, good thinking! I've often thought of naming a standard Faith.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for the welcoming messages! I'll try to post some pictures soon. That is Faith playing flyball in my avatar. Flufflvr, yes, my Faith is named after Melanie Travis' poodle! I love those books. That series got me interested in poodles in the first place, long before I was ready to get my own dog.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Just a quick aside. Has anyone read the John Steinbeck book Travels With Charlie? Awesome read about his real adventures travelling with his Standard Poodle Charlie across the USA.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I hope to have a poodle named Faith someday....its a perfect name. Welcome and we love to hear of your accomplishments with Faith. Is she your only dog?

·
Registered
781 Posts
hi, omnipoodle! jessie & i welcome you to this great forum. you came here to learn, and yet you already enlightened me to something. what are these book series you named faith after? :confused:

to all members: know what would be a good thread? why/how did you name your dog....!! i think i will start it. i bet it would be a great interesting thread.

in the meantime, enjoy your time here, omnipoodle. you now have a huge poodle family!! :grouphug:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Yey! Omnipoodle, you have great taste in books as well as in dogs! I'll start a new post in poodletalk about the series...don't want to hijack your thread.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For those of you who haven't checked out the Laurien Berenson series, you definitely should do so! They are fun, light mysteries about characters who are dog (and mostly poodle) people. Most of what I know about conformation shows is from those books. My library has a lot of them.

Faith is my only dog, partial2poodles--in fact, she is my very first dog who is all my own. I grew up with family dogs, but it's not the same. I am planning to get another dog in a couple years, though.

Thanks again for the messages, everyone. This seems like a great forum!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts