Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Wolf and I live in Florida. I live with a number of dogs, mainly rescues, but my 'main' mutt is an Irish Water Poodle. At least that's what I thought, until somebody told me that it was a Spaniel. After ten minutes of laughing and rolling on the floor, I googled the whole thing and learned something new. However, as Godiva is groomed like a poodle, I pronounced her to be an Irish Water Poodle. She and I are both happy with this solution. Woof!!! 馃惄

Premium Member
Mia, Christmas in June 2010
Welcome! We accept all types here, wolves and IWS included ... but only after photos :) Let's take a look at your gorgeous lady, Godiva!

Premium Member
You have landed in a great community and yes, we do love pics

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Godiva, a genuine Irish Wa
Wow, the Irish Water Spaniel is a pretty rare breed. How did you luck into one?
IMG_018.jpg
p IMG_018.jpg
IMG_018.jpg

Hello! Does she grow fur on her face if not shaved? IWS do not... so easy to tell apart.
Godiva's face has no hair. At !east not long hair. I also have a poodle, "Barbie". I'll have to compare both face to ace
Wow, the Irish Water Spaniel is a pretty rare breed. How did you luck into one?
A good friend of mine knew somebody who, for whatever reason, didn't want to keep her dog anymore and so she got her for me. It's the greatest gift ever!

Super Moderator
I guess you could call it that. It's like a furry ball. But isn't that depending on how a Groomer cuts it?
The reason I'm asking is that the Irish Water Spaniel typically can't grow hair on its tail. They have long, whip-like tails.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts