Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

After almost 30 years of boxers we ventured into a new breed awhile ago with a German Shepherd Dog. She's totally awesome, but I can't have 2 of them in the house - that would be just way too much shedding for me.

I was reluctant to commit to a Standard Poodle because of the stigma surrounding them and their looks. Then I watched this guy in our neighborhood walking one a few times and what a beauty! I did research, watched videos and hey! These are athletic dogs! Friendly, smart, and no shedding! Perfect!

So I talked to a few breeders and as of yesterday we have our name on a waiting list for a dark red male from Cinnfully Sweet in Northern CA. How exciting!

Anyway, it looks like we have awhile to wait so I'll just hang out and read until we welcome our new guy!

·
Premium Member
23,170 Posts
Welcome to PF. I am happy you have been turned on to how wonderful spoos are. I think you will also find that a standard will be a good match to a GSD based on my two spoo, one GSD household.

Cinnfully sweet dogs look lovely and I see some conformation titles. I also like that they follow puppy culture, but I don't see pedigrees or health testing results on their website (but only took a very quick look). Have they been able to share that information clearly with you (I hope so)?

Reactions: BowAndArrow

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Hi, and welcome from another Nor Cal member! Congrats on your upcoming puppy :) Cinnfully Sweet has an excellent reputation in CA. I know two people with their dogs and the dogs have great temperaments. They do all the health testing and raise them in a lovely environment.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Hi and what a great decision you have made! I came from GSD originally - my dad was a breeder. I admire my little guy (he is a mini) so much for the guts, smarts and general ease he has. He gets along with everyone (or is smart enough to avoid those that are not friendly) - he is not edgy or difficult and he is so clean! The hair-cut is up to you - always - and you can make him look as poodley - or non-poodley as you like!

·
Premium Member
23,170 Posts
MF thank you for clarifying for me that they do the appropriate health testing. It was hard to imagine that they didn't given that they have great looking dogs and do puppy culture.

Reactions: MaizieFrosty

·
Premium Member
4,103 Posts
Welcome - I am sure it will be worth the wait to get a lovely poodle. This is a great forum for finding out all about poodles. They are a joy.

·
Premium Member
9,694 Posts
Welcome! I think you can relax that you’re going to get a great puppy given the positive feedback from knowledgeable PF members. You are going to love the breed! Can’t wait for the pictures:)

·
Registered
7,259 Posts
Hi and welcome to you.

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Welcom to the forum. Waiting is the hard part, but it is well worth it! I'll be getting a puppy next summer, (i can't get him until then as I'll be traveling a bit in the spring), and I know that my puppy fever keeps rising and rising, just waiting for the time when I can pick him out, lol. Keep us posted!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts