Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All! I'm Jennifer and I am in beautiful western NC. I have 2 miniature Poodles who I adore! I'm here to learn more about Poodles and grooming. I'll try to post pictures once i figure out how! :) Guess thats it for now.

Jennifer

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Hi Jennifer! I do not currently own a poodle. I had a mini as a child, and I am looking to get a mini for our family sometime this year. So, please do share all about your minis! Welcome!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm a cross over from another breed. I show a smooth coated toy breed and have been for the past 8 years. I've shown at AKC shows for 18 years and always said "I'll never own one of those floofy dogs!" BUT then I went to a show and there was a standard poodle there that was so striking and gorgeous I couldn't stop looking at him. I decided I HAD to have one! Then I found a breeder and went to her house, walked in and there he was (only in miniature). I new at first sight I would not be able to leave her house without him. He will be shown for the first time at Premier (UKC) next month! I'm really trying to learn grooming because I have NEVER had a hairy dog that needed to be groomed! But I'm learning :)

Thanks for the welcome! I look forward to learning lots!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I'm a cross over from another breed. I show a smooth coated toy breed and have been for the past 8 years. I've shown at AKC shows for 18 years and always said "I'll never own one of those floofy dogs!" BUT then I went to a show and there was a standard poodle there that was so striking and gorgeous I couldn't stop looking at him. I decided I HAD to have one! Then I found a breeder and went to her house, walked in and there he was (only in miniature). I new at first sight I would not be able to leave her house without him. He will be shown for the first time at Premier (UKC) next month! I'm really trying to learn grooming because I have NEVER had a hairy dog that needed to be groomed! But I'm learning :)

Thanks for the welcome! I look forward to learning lots!
Hello and welcome! I have a mini, my first poodle and I am now addicted to the breed.

How old is your boy who you are showing? Photos please!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Paddleaddict & Karma'sacat!! :)

My poodle is 8 months old and is a black/red phantom mini. He will be going into the puppy class at Premier in a few weeks. This will be his first show :) I've done the grooming on him myself using pictures that his breeder has sent to me and a poodle grooming book that I bought on amazon. I think he looks pretty good for a first timer but I know he needs a lot more done.

Anyway...here's a couple of pictures of him:

Ranger7[1]2 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Ranger8[1]2 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Hope the pictures come through....

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
hello there, i am from wnc also. i have my first poodle, a standard, but she won't be my last. i grew up with a mini.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have 2 minis. They are ranger & Morgan. Morgan is a UKC ch. and he is a black/white parti color. He is so sweet and loves to play fetch. Morgan never gets in trouble...he is a gentleman. Ranger however, is the trouble making teen! He likes to steal things. If he see something up high you can see the wheels turning to figure out how he could possibly get to what ever it is that he wants. He also steals out of my pocket book if he can get to it (my sunglasses mostly). When Ranger gets caught he always has this "who me" look on his face. Morgan just looks at him like...Man..You are going to get it! It is funny and these guys make me laugh every day. I just love them!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts