Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone, my name is Hazel.

I have a 4 month old Black Standard Poodle. I've been searching for an active poodle message board - hopefully i've found one! :)

This is our first poodle for our family . I'm currently crate training, enrolled in puppy class and awaiting for poodle boy's coat to grow out. I recently found out that his tail was docked way too short from breeder. According to the groomer "your poor boy has a rabbit tail". We still love him either way

getting forward to "meet everyone"

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Hi Hazel!!

Welcome to the forum! We have two standard poodles and one of them has the "chicken nugget" tail, too (we love her to pieces - short tail and all!) :)

Just an FYI... This poodle forum LOVES to look at pet pictures!! :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
I see you're very good at following instructions! :lol: That's a wonderful trait!

What's your spoo's name?? My red standard, Lucy, just turned 5 months old and we're attending rally obedience classes with her! We're loving poodle ownership!!

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Lucy is registered with the Canadian Kennel Club (I got her from a fellow forum member, ArreauStandardPoodles, who lives in Ontario) Lucy's registered name is "Arreau's Rock With You" but the name by which we call her is... Are you ready?? "Her Royal Highness Princess Lucybug FancyPants Plum"!!! :lol: :) Or just Lucybug when we're lazy!

Because she's a red, she was named for one of the most famous redheads; Lucille Ball. My hubby loves to come home and exclaim, "Lucy, I'm HOME!" or "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!!" We love Lucy!!

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Welcome! We have a 6 month standard and he has a bunny tail too.....sad to say there are lots of them, but we love them no less!:)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Welcome! Sadly no the bunny tail will never grow into the poodle pom tail, you can have your groomer "build" a tail, but it will only be hair. I don't think I have ever see a spoo with a bunny tail, could you post pics??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts