Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is gail and I am currently owned by Darcey a Longhaird Weimaraner, and jess a 15 yr old cross breed. I currently do not have a poodle but my little girl is adament that she would like a black standard poodle, so just joined to find out more.

The only contact I have had with poodles is with an apricot standard poodle that I did obidience compitetions with, and she was the most lovley dog and soo intelegent.

We have just recently lost my short haird Weim, Casper, who was 14, so perhaps in the not too distant future we will possibly feel we have healed enough to take on an other family memeber.

I hope it is k to join this forum, to find out the good, the bad , and the gly of this breed :)

I am also owned by, 2 cats, 2 fish, 2 baby guinea pigs and a horse and a pony.

Gail x

PS and of course Daisy my duaghter aged 4, who is the best dog trainer around :)

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Welcome Gail, Daisy and zoo!! :)

It is wonderful that you joined the forum - this is a great place to learn all kinds of things about this magnificent breed. I'd love to see pictures of your current pack (I've never seen a longhaired weim!!) and keep us updated on your standard poodle search!

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Welcome! Many of us here don't have Spoos yet and I think forums are the best place to learn what living w/ a certain breed is really like. I've heard of longhaired Weimaraners, but have never seen one. I bet she is beautiful.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome! Many of us here don't have Spoos yet and I think forums are the best place to learn what living w/ a certain breed is really like. I've heard of longhaired Weimaraners, but have never seen one. I bet she is beautiful.
Thanks everyone, glad I am welcome :)

I have used Darceys photo as my avatar, not a great piccie but gives you an idea of what a LH Weim looks like :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Welcome Gail to the forum. You will be so glad you joined this forum. I have a saying "our decisions are only as good as the information we use to make them" You will find LOTS of great info and help here on this forum. Good luck and I hope your daughter gets her wish....Grace is my first spoo and I adore her! By the way I did not know that such a thing as a LH Weim existed...never seen one!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'd love to see pics of your current pack too. Gracie does look lovely. I'd never heard of a lh weim either so its great to learn info about other breeds as well.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Welcome, good choice Daisy has! Smart girl. Hope you find your spoo soon!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts