Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am the mother of two precious black toy poodles, Coco (13 in August) and Romeo (12 in June). They have the run of the house and sleep in our bed, of course and are more special to me than just about anything. My husband and I are retired and are home (especially now with the pandemic) all the time - so they are so happy to have us at their beck and call. I will be in the senior forum because Romeo is having more and more trouble with his back as he ages :(. I look forward to talking with everyone here who loves a poodle!

Denise
RomeoCoco22

·
Registered
559 Posts
My border collie had trouble with his hip. Vet said arthritis. She did an adjustment (is a chiropractor) and that helped. For inflammation and to help rebuild, I gave him Vitamin C. Thompsons makes a crystalized version. For my 35 pound dog I used 1/4 tsp. Yours might do will with 1/16th per day. There isn't really a guideline for dogs and vitamin C.

Anyway, I noticed an obvious improvement.

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
Hi and Welcome to you all! Your two sound just precious :)

·
Registered
759 Posts
Ah, yes, under the poodle terms and agreements right where it says "mi casa es su casa". My poodle (SPOO) underlined that too. They have learned that we just scroll through and hit the accept button without reading it. Dang! They got us again.

Welcome!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you everyone who welcomed me here - I feel really great about finding you all and am starting to go through the threads this morning. Again, thank you for the welcomes!

·
Premium Member
Mia, Christmas in June 2010
2,718 Posts
Welcome Denise, and hello to your pair. My Mia (10 year old spoo) has some arthritis in her left hind leg and probably some in her hips as well, so she's getting some supplements and pain meds. Hopefully there will be some experience here to help you and Romeo.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome Denise, and hello to your pair. My Mia (10 year old spoo) has some arthritis in her left hind leg and probably some in her hips as well, so she's getting some supplements and pain meds. Hopefully there will be some experience here to help you and Romeo.
Hi Liz,
Thank you for the welcome and information. I read through your threads about Mia's arthritis and found medicine recs. Romeo has been under our Vet's care for over a month now - is a little better but needs his pain meds regularly. The usual restrictions not to jump apply and he loves for me to hold him anyway - so that isn't hard to keep up with. He is not well by no means - but I do think it is slowly getting better. He take either Metacam or Gabapentin daily. Whenever I try to wean him off - he stops walking very much. We will return to the Vet soon for a check up and possibly change meds or routines. I am also getting the Glucosamine supplements this week and starting him on that.

Thank you!
Denise

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
Thanks for updating. I hope Romeo will improve with the medical attention and I know he'll always feel better when you hold him close 💞

·
Premium Member
Mia, Christmas in June 2010
2,718 Posts
I'm sorry you and Romeo are going through this. It's so hard to see them uncomfortable and in pain. The Carprofen/Rimadyl has done most of the heavy lifting as her pain progresses.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts