Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my name is penny and i am the proud owner of gracie my blacktoy poodle who is great and 63 days pregnant as of today. If anyone out there can give me any pointers i would greatly appreciate that....:):):):)
look forward to hearing from anyone. have a great day

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Welcome!

As for pointers? Gulp... What do you mean? Your bitch is about to whelp a litter. Do you have a mentor to help you with this? What books have you read? What sort of things have you gathered? Where are you whelping the litter?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hello there

Welcome!

As for pointers? Gulp... What do you mean? Your bitch is about to whelp a litter. Do you have a mentor to help you with this? What books have you read? What sort of things have you gathered? Where are you whelping the litter?
hi i don't know that you can truly help i have read lots,watched videos and have everything prepared but i am scared still.....the breeder is giving me pointers as well so maybe i am suffering a little anxiety because it has happened yet she is 64 days today and has gained 15 pounds isn't that alot of weight she hasn't been eating tons of food its all stomach and this is her first litter and maybe her last...lol i am just worried she won't be ok i love my dogs and i think i panic with worry that something will go wrong........

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i love standard poodles too what colors do you breed and how much are they.....can i see some pictures of your dogs...p.s. i will let you know how i make out with gracie...thanks for your response i appreciate any advice you might have

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
You must be a ball of nerves regardless!! I have never been through this but there are several here that can certainly relate to you!

I hope all works out and we love pics of poodle babies too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i don't know how you can help i just have been in a panic mode with her getting closer to having them i just think the more you know the better......thanks anyway i am sure if i quit worrying all will go fine..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks i will post pictures of the brood whenever they get here they seem to be in no hurry......gracie begs to differ she looks like i did at the end of my eight months poor girl

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
hi i don't know that you can truly help i have read lots,watched videos and have everything prepared but i am scared still.....the breeder is giving me pointers as well so maybe i am suffering a little anxiety because it has happened yet she is 64 days today and has gained 15 pounds isn't that alot of weight she hasn't been eating tons of food its all stomach and this is her first litter and maybe her last...lol i am just worried she won't be ok i love my dogs and i think i panic with worry that something will go wrong........
Breeding Toys is not for the faint of heart because many of them are not good natural whelpers.

15 lbs? Are you sure? Have you had her to the vet for an X-ray to see how many puppies she is carrying? You say this is a Toy, but how big is she really? Is she an oversized Toy in the 12" or so range?

Have you been taking her temperature? What is it? Do you have someone at home to help you do things like cut and tie off cords?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts