Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was a member called Rayah-Quality SPs. Now breeding miniatures instead of standard poodles and I have rejoined under a new name. My kennel name is Rayah is permanently registered with the Canadian Kennel Club. I have been breeding black and brown poodles in Ontario, Canada since 1993.
Testing and telling plus breeding for correct temperaments are the two areas I really feel strongly about.
I have finished home bred standard poodles in Canada. My newest acquisition, Pandora, I finished in the US. She was shown by Chrystal and Paul Clas of Hanover PA.
Richard Bohannon - Aery Kennels, NC sold me Pandora and she is a stunning black girl with a wonderful temperament. Thank you Richard for providing me a quality bitch to build a foundation with.
Pandora is registered as Am. Ch. Aery's No Box For Me. Her test results are listed on the OFA website.
Pandora was bred to Richard's boy Mick - Ch Aery Silde Paint it Black. She had 5 puppies on November 21st, 2019. It had been 7 years since my last litter so I was very nervous but it went perfect. Pandora is a wonderful mother and the puppies are growing well. It has been a steep learning curve when it comes to feeding and trimming miniatures but I am enjoying these little ones so much. I am keeping a girl puppy to show.

Scan0001.jpg Pandora.jpg

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
Gorgeous puppies and Pandora is stunning. What made you decide to downsize to miniatures?

I got my minipoo Babykins from Richard.

Reactions: rayahpoodles

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gorgeous puppies and Pandora is stunning. What made you decide to downsize to miniatures?

I got my minipoo Babykins from Richard.
Thank you Skylar for you compliments.
My husband and I are both retired and want to do some "slow" travelling. We want to be able to take our poodles with us. A mini is much easier to fit in the car and easier to groom too. Bath time is next to nothing. Many of the places we would like to stay have an upper limit on size of pet allowed.
As I am get older I found myself having more difficulty lifting the standard. I will never be without a well bred poodle because they make me so happy. Standard size has been getting bigger and bigger here in Canada.
I was worried about minis not being as sturdy as the standards but outside of stepping on her toes occasionally I am very happy. Temperament wise Pandora is just like my standards.I do like being able to carry Pandora anywhere I want.

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
I went through similar reasoning when I decided to get my minipoo. It’s nice to see another breeder bec it’s harder to fi a minipoo, less are puppies available compared to tpoos and spoos.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Beautiful mama, and gorgeous puppies! I look forward to your contributions here, and seeing more of Pandora.
I have a 13 month old black mini and and am over heels in love with her. Pics below. She has a mismark, but I never intended to show her in conformation, she will be competing in agility.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Yay!! I am so excited to see a new breeder of minis in Ontario!!! Mini breeders seem to be so rare here. I love my spoo, but I can see the advantages of a mini for travelling!

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Beautiful mini's! Because of my age I probably should have gotten a mini but I love my standard! LOL He is my first poodle. Maybe one day I can add another, possibly a mini so that it can go more places easily with me.

·
Super Moderator
3,318 Posts
Pandora and her puppies are beautiful, and congratulations on finishing her. I love looking a photos of well-bred poodles.

Thanks for explaining your move from Spoos to Minipoos, as an older person with toy poodles, I really appreciate how easy it is to carry and transport them. Bonus: they don't eat as much and comparatively, there's less clean up after they eliminate.

Welcome back!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts