Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking here for a while. I don't have a poodle yet, but I'm hoping you guys can answer some questions I have about the breed. :)

Thanks,
Toni

·
Registered
761 Posts
NOLA members!!

Yea!

If there is anyway I can help let me know! Sharla Roussel heads up the regional Poodle Rescue and I know her pretty well. I could send you her contact info if you don't already have it.

Also, our Creole Poodle Club specialty is coming up at the Pontchartrain Center the first week of August! And the Creole Poodle Club will be meeting after the match, if you are interested in attending.

When I first started showing I looked everywhere for local Poodle people and finally found 2 ladies who also have standards. We are all members of Deep South Obedience and I show a girl in confirmation, Kate's girls do Obedience work and Maria has a new puppy to show this fall.

Sunday night we are having a PCA party to watch some of the PCA videos.

I'd love to say hello, so email when you can [email protected] :)

Regards,

Tabatha

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you so much for your offer and the info. That's really very nice. I don't know much about showing or agility other than things I've read on the Internet. I think I'd like to attend a show to see what it's like. I didn't know if they had any in our area.

I'm really just looking for a pet right now. I have a daughter who will be six in the fall. She is active but well-behaved. Do you think a smaller verity poodle would be okay with a child? A mini would be ideal, but I haven't seen any minis in my area -- rescues or breeders.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts