Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello:

I'm new to this site. I was looking around on here yesterday and though I join today. I have a 3 year old Mini Poodle named Sadie and I love her very much. She was born in 2005 . As of today, Sadie is doing great. She is a very well behave dog. I trained her all myself. I had all summer of 2005 to do so. :D More pics to come. She also does alittle agility in the backyard for fun. :p

~ Andrea~

When she was 2 years old.....

When she was a baby.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Welcome :)

Good job on the training it can be frustrating at times.

It wasnt too bad. It took time and patience.

Who is the Mod or Administrator of this forum? :confused: Ever since I came to this forum, I've been seeing alot of weird user names post on here. Like Springbirdoo and lkky00245 . Who are these people? I go to click on what they say and I get an error message saying: No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator.Then I realized they are banned from the site, but still. What are they doing on here???. I'm just concerned about the saftey of me on this froum.:eek: Please help me out here. I don't have good feeling about this froum saftey wise.I don't want to post pics so werid people can see what I'm posting. I also don't really feel welcome. Just one person welcomed me on this thread. :(. Just letting you guys know how I feel about this site. No need to offended anyone on here. Just expressing my feelings about the safety of this forum.

I went to edited something on my thread, and there were no edit button to click on to do so. Can you edit what you post here??? If not, can you make it a choice??? I only get the edit button when I first sumit my post. When I got to change it a day later, I get no edit button. Like the post where I posted my pics of Sadie. I edited it once, but went to do so again, and couldn't do it.

Thanks for reading and understanding what I have to say.

~ Andrea~

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Hi Andrea -
I am the admin/founder of the forum.
The weird posts you get are spam posts that users report to me, I find out about, and then delete/remove. Thus, why when you click a link they are no longer there. All spam posts are removed within 24 hours of them being posted most much less than 6 hours.

These people are here to spam, just like junk e-mail people post junk on the forum. You have nothing to worry about in regards to the forum and your online safety. We don't collect information that would be harmful to you nor do we share any information with anyone (such as your e-mail).

As far as not feeling welcome, I am sorry about that but we have a lot of users who post and share their poodle information (as I am sure you can tell). With summer here it's died down a bit, but you are welcome :) here. A lot of people also do not check regularly or have subscriptions to the forum so you may have 1 reply now, and then 5 in a week.

The edit option is only available for a short period of time after a post or thread is created. This is a securitymeasure to prevent users from changing their complete posts/threads days or even weeks and months after their post.

Please, feel free to post questions or pictures you WILL get many replies to those :)

I hope you enjoy your stay and see that we are a helpful and joyful bunch :)

If you have more questions please feel free to ask in here or PM me.

-Todd

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I feel better now!

Hi Andrea -
I am the admin/founder of the forum.
The weird posts you get are spam posts that users report to me, I find out about, and then delete/remove. Thus, why when you click a link they are no longer there. All spam posts are removed within 24 hours of them being posted most much less than 6 hours.

These people are here to spam, just like junk e-mail people post junk on the forum. You have nothing to worry about in regards to the forum and your online safety. We don't collect information that would be harmful to you nor do we share any information with anyone (such as your e-mail).

As far as not feeling welcome, I am sorry about that but we have a lot of users who post and share their poodle information (as I am sure you can tell). With summer here it's died down a bit, but you are welcome :) here. A lot of people also do not check regularly or have subscriptions to the forum so you may have 1 reply now, and then 5 in a week.

The edit option is only available for a short period of time after a post or thread is created. This is a security measure to prevent users from changing their complete posts/threads days or even weeks and months after their post.

Please, feel free to post questions or pictures you WILL get many replies to those :)

I hope you enjoy your stay and see that we are a helpful and joyful bunch :)

If you have more questions please feel free to ask in here or PM me.

-Todd

Hi Todd:

Thanks for getting back to me. I feel much better now that I know what this site is about and feeling welcome to the site. I thought it was my computer for the editing button part. I was just scared when I saw all those scammers on here. :eek: lol. Thanks again, and I'll be around. Right now I'm fighting a virus now. Hope to feel better by the end of this week. Also, one more thing, do you clean out your registry of users that haven't been on in months? If so, how often do you do so?

~ Andrea~

~ Andrea~

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Hi Todd:

Thanks for getting back to me. I feel much better now that I know what this site is about and feeling welcome to the site. I thought it was my computer for the editing button part. I was just scared when I saw all those scammers on here. :eek: lol. Thanks again, and I'll be around. Right now I'm fighting a virus now. Hope to feel better by the end of this week. Also, one more thing, do you clean out your registry of users that haven't been on in months? If so, how often do you do so?

~ Andrea~

~ Andrea~
No users are 'deleted' from the system. They move from active to inactive and from regular users to banned and for some they become moderators.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Andrea, what a beautiful baby! I have a little black mini names Leon. I also have a cafe au lait mini names Louie.

Welcome.

Brenda

·
Registered
75 Posts
:confused: I know what you mean about not feeling welcome. I usually feel that way when I post something and get no comments. Then someone else will post a short thing and get 10 reponses. I don't get it. But that is the nature of forums... sometimes everybody is busy, or you just don't push the right buttons. I'm not going to let it get to me. And BTW, welcome to the forum!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone. I just got over having a virus that had me on my back for 2 weeks! I'm doing much better today. I go back to work tomorrow when my summer hours start.:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts