Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm back! Some of you that have been here for a day may remember me. I was really active here. I also have been on Facebook poodle sites and r/poodle. I disappeared from here when I got into a new relationship that took time to develop. Then I moved to Mexico (I speak no Spanish.) After two years of culturally adapting, I moved again six months ago from a Mexican village to a Mexican city. The boyfriend is all well and good but still lives primarily in the USA so I now find myself settled and ready to get back to all things poodles - and tacos :)

Below is the link to the post I wrote about my move with my dogs to Mexico in case you are curious what it takes to wake up one day in your mid 50's and say, "I'm going abroad." The dogs love it here. I pay $20 USD equivalent in pesos for a full groom (that is with tip.) They are rock stars since there are very few poodles here (although a lot of small poodle mixes. There was one really randy miniature poodle roaming Mexico at one point.) They love street taco's without the salsa and at the prices, they each get their own. I hope to find old friends and make new ones here. Adios.

The 2Spoos move to Mexico

·
Registered
12,482 Posts
Good to see you back - and very good to hear you are still enjoying your big adventure!

Reactions: The Opera Poodle

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Glad you are enjoying Mexico. Sounds like the perfect place for you after all your investigations. It looks really beautiful and its great that you found a home quickly and the pups settled in. Did you have any problems being? We were always told that Foreigners could not own property in Mexico. You could live there but you could not actually own the land. It sounds like that may not be correct anymore?

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad you are enjoying Mexico. Sounds like the perfect place for you after all your investigations. It looks really beautiful and its great that you found a home quickly and the pups settled in. Did you have any problems being? We were always told that Foreigners could not own property in Mexico. You could live there but you could not actually own the land. It sounds like that may not be correct anymore?
We spent the first two years here in Mexico in Ajijic which is a small village full of Canadian's and US American Expats. I bought that house as a foreigner can property except within 50 miles of the coast line or 50 miles within a boarder. Even there you can purchase a place with a condition like a what we know as trusts. Buying the home was really easy as everything there is set up for expats.

I sold the house in Ajijic and moved to Queretaro last June, buying another home. Again, it all went smoothly for me. It was rougher on the seller as he had a mortgage which is a fairly newer concept here and it took months for him to get paid after the bank got all the money and decide what they were entitled to. As I do not work, I can't get credit here but the house prices are so good I was able to buy with cash in both locations and still have money left over for tacos.

Banking between the USA and Mexico is the only really tricky part thanks to the need to make sure all cash flow is not cartel related. Other than that, I get by with hola and buenos dias.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts