Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, there is currently a heat wave in my neck of the woods. We have AC inside. However, Jaanu does go outside to potty and for an brief evening walk. Has anyone noticed that their poodle is more lethargic during a heat wave? He has been eating and drinking water and all. He just lays at our feet and naps more than usual.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
That sounds normal. Mia slows down every August, at the peak of the summer heat. Her activity diminishes enough that I have to keep an eye on her and cut back her food so that she doesn't gain weight. I time her walks for the morning, when it's relatively cool, and play more indoor games to keep her active and entertained. Now that the weather is cooling, she feels reinvigorated.

·
Premium Member
23,379 Posts
Definitely normal.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so much! Things have cooled down today and I can see some of the energy coming back. It makes sense, the humans in the family react the same way to the heat, and we don't have to wear a 'coat' all the time haha

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Happy to hear that's all this was. And well done for noticing; I didn't catch the difference in energy for years.

·
Registered
7,324 Posts
Absolutely normal. We limit time outside to just potty breaks. It‘s good you notice.

Training and exercise indoors keeps her active and happy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts