Poodle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you ever wondered what the aftermath of a poodle in heat with a diaper on who gets messy poop at 1am looks like, it looks like this:

(Getting ready for the shower)

There was poop everywhere!!! in my tiny apartment!! And I cleaned it up now and all I smell is poop!! It spilled out of the diaper it was that loose! The poop was the size of medium apple.

About 4 days ago she had 6 vomits in one day so, so we went to chicken and broth protocol. She was eating that slurping up the broth, and feeling better over 48 hours so we started transitioning back and reintroducing kibble via free feeding as our preferred feeding schedule for everyday life.

Well... what always happens next when a furbaby who has upset stomach gets her appetite back?... Diarrhea... This is her first "kibble poop" and it ran through her system like a freight train.. at 1:00am.

When I picked her up from my parents after work, my Dad even said "Her appetite has come back and she's only had 1 poop today and it wasn't that big." So Basil and I went for an extra long 20 minute walk this evening around 9:00pm before bed but there was no bowl movements. "Okay maybe it's just not there", I thought. Nope. It was there... Just waiting to be unleashed in the middle of the night.

This is the second time in 7 days I've had to wash my bed sheets due to poodle body fluid at 2am.

I gave Ms. Poopybutt a shower (at 1:30am) and now it's so hot right now in my room and I'm sweating! 87°F/30.5°C on the thermometer.

I'm writing this so you can share the In my missery. It feels like puppyhood 2.0 all over again.

We're just about half way through this heat, then we have 1 more to go before we spay. I can't wait.

·
Premium Member
Mia, Christmas in June 2010
3,701 Posts
Ugh, whatta mess. We've all been there - once I had to clean diarrhea off a wall, and coutless times I've discovered Mia had a poopy butt after she'd been sitting and lying all over the house. Gross. I hope you both get some sleep tonight.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Thanks you two....:unsure:
Ho hum....
Just getting 'mellow' to some degree with the Popster voyage - ( duck/goose poo aside), and BHAM !!!
White sheep skins fastoon the flat, rugs and scattered around the sofa and chairs, virgin white bedclothes upon the bed .....
1st season bekons....

'1 more to go before we spay. I can't wait.' - I take something from your pain mind.
I really am hating the thought of putting Poppy through the spaying ordeal, but just maybe I might feel not so bad down the line?

·
Registered
9,345 Posts
Thank you for get my morning off to a good start haha. The fate of many a parent to furkids or human kids, they always save their best for the middle of the night.

Poor Basil, she’s not happy about it either, this photo is priceless, so expressive. Hope all is well quickly.

Reactions: ShamrockPoodle

·
Premium Member
Elroy: Standard Poodle 02/20/21
2,277 Posts
I'm not sure loose stools are to be expected because it's her 1st meal in a while. I would still treat for diarrhea and expect more. Of course I know nothing about females in heat, so I could be way off.

Please accept my sympathies for you and Basil.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Oh my. I feel your pain. Happy just went through a short bout of diarrhea with one vomit episode, but she not in heat. Lucky for us, we were able to get her outside before she had any accidents in the house. Still, we went through a lot of wipes. I sent a poop sample to the vet for analysis just in case – it came back negative. Happy also managed to pee twice in her diaper while she was in heat. That was a big enough PITA, diarrhea would be a disaster. Hoping for Basil quick recovery…

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I feel for you and Basil. Goose had diarrhea that woke the both of us up between 4-6 in the morning for several days. She's doing better now and sleeping longer. Basil's face is priceless. 🥺

·
Registered
235 Posts
If you ever wondered what the aftermath of a poodle in heat with a diaper on who gets messy poop at 1am looks like, it looks like this:
View attachment 480231
(Getting ready for the shower)

There was poop everywhere!!! in my tiny apartment!! And I cleaned it up now and all I smell is poop!! It spilled out of the diaper it was that loose! The poop was the size of medium apple.

About 4 days ago she had 6 vomits in one day so, so we went to chicken and broth protocol. She was eating that slurping up the broth, and feeling better over 48 hours so we started transitioning back and reintroducing kibble via free feeding as our preferred feeding schedule for everyday life.

Well... what always happens next when a furbaby who has upset stomach gets her appetite back?... Diarrhea... This is her first "kibble poop" and it ran through her system like a freight train.. at 1:00am.

When I picked her up from my parents after work, my Dad even said "Her appetite has come back and she's only had 1 poop today and it wasn't that big." So Basil and I went for an extra long 20 minute walk this evening around 9:00pm before bed but there was no bowl movements. "Okay maybe it's just not there", I thought. Nope. It was there... Just waiting to be unleashed in the middle of the night.

This is the second time in 7 days I've had to wash my bed sheets due to poodle body fluid at 2am.

I gave Ms. Poopybutt a shower (at 1:30am) and now it's so hot right now in my room and I'm sweating! 87°F/30.5°C on the thermometer.

I'm writing this so you can share the In my missery. It feels like puppyhood 2.0 all over again.

We're just about half way through this heat, then we have 1 more to go before we spay. I can't wait.
I smell poop just reading this …

Don’t tell Basil you posted that pic, so telling 😔🤭🤗

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, we still had the squirts today. Had last a walk between 7:40-8:20pm. It hurts me to consider a walk at midnight but it's a strong possibility.

She has the butt squirts every 2 hours or so. Clearly it's uncomfortable like it would be for anyone. However, she's still a very happy furbaby dispite being poopy.. and bloody.

My folks & I are no longer going to try feeding Basil wet shredded chicken and are going back to the routine when everything was good.

I'm expecting the worst and hoping for the best.

Picked up everything on the ground and stocked up on paper towels.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts