Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went on to the Florida Poodle Rescue and saw the dogs that have been rescued from Majestic Poodles, and Oh My God...what a sad, sad mess those dogs were in!! If you read the posts and look at the photos of those poor,poor dogs it will break your heart.

How sad to see what someone can do to a line that has been part of the foundation for reds in North America. All of the work Joan did to help create this colour here, and then to be reduced to this? That poor soul would be rolling over in her grave!!

I am sick to my stomach! At least being in rescue, maybe they will end up somewhere where they will be loved and cherished, and they can spend some off their lives knowing what it it to be a part of a family.

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Very sad... I, too, hope they find forever homes that will treasure these beautiful kids and make them forget any neglect suffered up until now... Keeping them in my prayers!

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I just took a look as well. That is quite horrible. Imagine the poor male being so matted he had to be sedated before he could be shaved! What a shame, thank goodness those poodles are now in safe hands.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I am sure that no one had any idea that things were this bad. I think the painkillers and the drugs had taken over :( My Christmas wish is for them all to be in loving arms for Christmas....
Poor things......

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
WOW! How horribly sad! I am so, so glad that they got rescued! I, too, will pray that they find loving, understanding, caring homes for Christmas. Homes that will heal their hearts and souls and in the process bring love to their owners. What a shame! I just hate to think about how many dogs are out there (of all breeds and mixed) in neglected homes suffering horribly right now... it breaks my heart and brings tears to my eyes. :(

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am sure that no one had any idea that things were this bad. I think the painkillers and the drugs had taken over :( My Christmas wish is for them all to be in loving arms for Christmas....
Poor things......
Mine too. What a pathetic situation. I am sure the little babies iwll have no trouble finding homes, so we need to focus our prayers on the adults.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I just looked at that website and am sickened. This gives all breeders a sore eye. I hope all of you have made ironclad arrangements for your dogs if something should happen to you. Even we pet owners need to be sure our poochies will be well cared for in the event of some unforeseen incident.

My poodle rescue group often has to take in bereaved pets. They usually don't get that neglected for that long before they are surrendered. But it obviously happens. Don't let that be your beloved poodle.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
There really is no excuse for that. IMO, it's criminal abuse and it would've been better to have the dogs PTS then let them get that bad. They obviously knew about rescue, why not call them sooner? I've lost someone very close to me, and it really affected by ability to function (I hardly left the house for months), but I never neglected my dogs. In fact my dogs were a great comfort to me at the time. I think that shows how, whoever cared for those dogs the last few months, views animals.

The dog who belonged to the person I lost was treated like a little king while that person was in the hospital and after she passed too. There was no shortage of relatives willing to take him b/c he meant so much to our loved one. The dog brought her so much joy, we owed ti to both of them to make sure he was cared for.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Hopefully the breeder of the red spoo in the picture will step up and rescue that poor dog !

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do not think Sueanne lived alone, and this is the condition SHE had the dogs in. This is not a result of a period of time being without their caregiver and then the family found them because she had been dead for awhile. THIS is the result of someone who was either too mentally ill to care anymore, or too stoned to remember she had dogs at all. I am sorry..I know it is bad juju to speak ill of the dead, but there had to be somebody who had an idea of what was going on there. I have had three people call me to say they called Majestic for a puppy and were told the pups had been eaten by the other dogs. Two or three litters this past year!!! After seeing this, I now wonder if the pups weren't eaten because the adult dogs were hungry.

When my Mom died suddenly in a car accident, she had four adult Spoos in her home, and no arrangements had been made for any but Thinker, who lives with me. My niece took Thinker's Mom Mache on her first plane ride 3,000 miles away to live in Fernie BC. right after the funeral, Thinkers daughter Joy became fully owned by Susan Fraser of Bibelot, and has since gotten her Canadian championship and a few performance titles. Thinker's other daughter Paris...well, I wont go there, but she is in a wonderful home being well loved. Families pull topgether at a time like this, but if anyone had spoken up about how these dogs were being neglected, I am sure the Spoo community as a whole would have ocme together and gotten these poor souls out of that environment before it got this far. Ther rescue people figure two to five years of sheer neglect! How terribly sad for all of these dogs.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I think if that poo red doog was one of my babies I would do whatever it tokk to get him back in my loving arms.
There is nothing that can be gained by maligning a dead person Cheie. Learn from it if you must but this forum is not meant to used in this way .

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think if that poo red doog was one of my babies I would do whatever it tokk to get him back in my loving arms.
There is nothing that can be gained by maligning a dead person Cheie. Learn from it if you must but this forum is not meant to used in this way .
I am not maligning her Sheryl. People need to be aware that this kind of stuff goes on. Just because you hear a name and you associate it with quality, you still need to know what is really going on there.

Yes, this hopefully opens up all of the breeders eyes and they put ironclad plans into place about what is to happen to whom in the event of their death, or they become incapacitetd by mental illness or drug addiction. I am not maligning her, but I am FURIOUS that her dogs had too live like that!! I am genuinely sorry if that offends you!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Yes it truly does ! And this link was sent to you to help not to rip apart another Once again you have turned it around..... If someone cannot take their puppies back they should not be breeding ..

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes it truly does ! And this link was sent to you to help not to rip apart another Once again you have turned it around..... If someone cannot take their puppies back they should not be breeding ..
I would have gone to the Florida rescue soon to see if the dogs had been rehomed, so this has nothing to do with you sending me that link. I would have gotten this upset seeing the photos of those poor dogs whether or not I had heard from you. I didn't turn it around. It is what it is.

The person who bred this male has been unemployed for over a year. She was also instrumental this past week in rescuing two females who go way back to her lines, and spared them from a life in a puppymill.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
ladies, are we having another personal fight on the forum?! Please stop!
I agree ^

not sure why a fight has started ? This lady neglected these dogs you can not get around that. weather it was mental illness or just depression we will never know.

I pray that all of the dogs rescued find loving forever homes!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Thanks to the both of you for putting a stop to this :) You are my heroes....

1 - 20 of 57 Posts