Poodle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
That standard poodle posing as a bedlington terrier was awesome lol

I have seen the Lion one before I hope she was the originator and did not copy that look from someone else.

The cow one was funny lol

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Thanks so much for sharing that! I love creative grooming, my Maltese currently has a multicolor mohawk. Those model dogs are amazing too! And of course I loved looking at the Poodle pictures.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Ahhh wow!! I loved some of those cuts so much... The standard posing as a Bedlington really threw me off, I said "Woah that is way too huge to be a Bedlington!! But it looks just like one..." I was pretty confused for a minute lol I also wonder if they grew the hair out to make it look like that or if it really just has that big of an arch to its back.

That tiny little yorkie was the CUTEST yorkie I have ever seen!! I love that look on that breed, I think it's a lot cuter than the full coat.

I really liked the lion too, though I think it would have looked a lot cooler without the giraffe and zebra on the butt (though those were VERY well done). Just my opinion, though. :) Imagine walking into the petstore with him like that... people would be so confused!! xD How were the lion ears added on? Are they separate add-ons or just very well shaped hair?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
See what a good eye I have HA HA :doh:
LOL... Your post made me laugh bigredpoodle! So I thought I'd correct you ;)
In the past I've seen some really well done yarn dogs that I had to look at twice before I noticed it was not real dogs. Especially if it's ones they give the bichon cut!

Bella's momma that is the dog you start out with when you go to grooming school. I know they had a competition especially for yarn dogs... meaning they sent you a yarn dog and you could create your own breed/theme etc. and then you entered it in the yarn dog competition. (they don't go up against real groomed dogs thou)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Those dogs were the real dogs at the show. This was a professional grooming contest of groomers from around the globe. Now there were one or two in those shots that were not real but mot were. Also very few schools use yarn dogs they just are to much cost and no profit for the school.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Those dogs were the real dogs at the show. This was a professional grooming contest of groomers from around the globe. Now there were one or two in those shots that were not real but mot were. Also very few schools use yarn dogs they just are to much cost and no profit for the school.
Actually they did have a yarn dog competition at that particular show - as well as many other events - not only professional grooming contests... that is why they had the yarn dogs there. They also had a trade show there along with multiple other events including dancing with dogs etc.

You can see all the events by looking at their program:
http://www.groomexpo.com/ge09_program/#/1/

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts