WonderPup, I realize that gummie bears are a lot smaller then gummie worms, but I am going to tell you a horror story that happened to us years ago. Our daughter was about 4 yrs. old at the time and loved gummie worms. We had a pomeranian at that time who was always trying to get a gummie worm from our daughter. One day our daughter dropped a gummie worm and the dog excitedly grabbed it up from the floor and swallowed it, (well thats what we thought). For about an hour after her getting the gummie worm, she would sort of cough or make a gagging sound. We thought that the gummie worm had just gone down her throat the wrong way and irritated it a bit, like it does with us humans at times. Boy were we wrong. In her excitement to keep anyone from taking her gummie worm away from her she had inhaled it into her lung. It dissolved in her lung, like a chunk of jello would have done, and she drowned from it, according to the vet. It was devastating. We have not had another gummie anything in our home ever since. Just one of those freak accidents. Our daughter is now 22 yrs. old and still talks about how awful she feels about it, since she is the one that dropped the gummie worm.