Poodle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
if the opportunity arrises to give a dog a good home that hasnt had the proper testing I dont think you should turn it down just because of that. Instead you should be a responsible owner and spay/neuter the dog so that you are not just breeding bad genetics. I am new to this whole thing, so I obviously didnt ask the right questions, but I am smart enough to know not to let my dog pass any potential problems to offspring. I am just praying our new puppy is healthy!!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Also, there is know telling that your or my dog that came from un-tested parents could be healthy and pass the test's if you or I had testing done. Buying a dog with health tested parents offer's a little piece of mind. Ive seen dogs with tested parents actually die from health issues at an early age. Nothing's for sure and thats the chance you take when getting a dog from anyone.

Even though things like that happen and my Eli may be just as healthy as the $3000.00 health tested dog my friend owns, I still stand behind having dogs health tested prior to breeding.
agreed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.