Poodle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
:hmmmm:
:pop2:
My breeder wouldnt subject her dogs to that, so I guess I shall find out.

I don't think any of the tests are particularly horrendous - blood test and an eye exam aren't exactly "subjecting" the dogs to anything terrible. Both T's parent have been health tested, but I would have to have a look at their paperwork to find out exactly what for, can't remember right now (definately PRA though).

Personally in Australia it doesn't cost anymore to buy a pup from a testing breeder than a non-testing one so I would always go for the parents that have been tested. Why take any risks!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Yep even though there is never any guarantee you'll get a healthy pup tested or no tested parents I figure you can atleast cut down your chances by knowing the parents are OK. I think we'd all agree that if your dogs got sick from a hereditary disease we'd do everything we could to make sure they were treated, comfortable etc ... I just cross my fingers and hope T will not develop anything horrible.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I so agree with you Purple Poodle and if more people only bought from testing breeders then we would be helping eliminate those who are not really breeding to improve the breed. We may never eliminate the problems from poodles but good breeders are doing the best they can to ensure their stock is genetically sound.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.