Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and Sophy has (at last) been sick. She has been uncomfortable all evening, vomited a little foam not long after wolfing down her supper, and has very obviously had an uncomfortable tum, despite an anti-sickness tablet. We have been in and out, up and down, tried going to bed, I offered her water which she drank, gave up on bed when she couldn't settle, she didn't want to go out, she tried several different chairs and rugs, and at last was suddenly and copiously sick all over the sofa throw - a good choice as it is easily washed! She has now settled down in a comfy dog bed - I'll give it another half an hour just in case then see if we are safe to go back to proper bed. Loading the washing machine can wait till morning.

She is already looking more relaxed than she has for hours, and her ears are nearly back up where they should be - always a sign of trouble when they drop to half mast - but safer to wait and be sure her tummy is empty, I think. Meanwhile I can barely keep my eyes open...

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Poor Sophy and poor you. I hope you all managed to get some rest and that she's feeling much more Sophyish in the morning!

Reactions: fjm

·
Registered
12,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After several more upsets she finally fell asleep around 2am. I, of course, went on worrying for an hour or two, checking her breathing, wondering about emergency vets, mentally running over symptoms and all the other things we do... She woke up bright and breezy and hungry, while I crawled out of bed feeling jet lagged, but we all slept the clock around last night and are back to normal now.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
That's good to hear. I wonder if they understand how much we worry over them and then I wonder if they worry over us too.

I think they do :).

Reactions: fjm
1 - 5 of 5 Posts