Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was so excited last night! Jager went to the back door and stood there looking at it. He wanted to go out to potty! I took him out and he went right away. That was the first time he's "told" me that he needed to go. I was so excited, I was practically jumping up and down.

Then later that night he peed on the floor. Oops, baby steps, I guess.

But I am still excited! :)

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Way to GO, Jager!!!! Party, Party, Party!!! :star::congrats::cheer2:

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Yay! Have you tried teaching him to ring a bell at teh door to go out? Thats what Ry used as a baby and it worked great!! He picked it up in literally a day.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I second the bell. We use it (and have a long one so that little man can reach it) and the dogs use it still. TQ is the best at it, she'll flick it with her head then turn and look at you like, "I trained you how to use this bell, now get up and let me outside!" The bell is wonderful!

·
Registered
752 Posts
Just a quick cute story about the bells. My friend has an adorable silver toy poodle who uses the bell perfectly. You can hear them clear through the house, so there's never an accident. They even bring them when they travel with her, so she can let them know when she needs to go out, even in a strange place. I love it because when I go to her house, she doesn't usually bark at the door, but she rings those bells, so her people will know to come open that door. A few months ago their doorbell stopped working, but never fear, Tootsie was there to greet their guests and ring the bells from the inside! The door was always opened :)

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
That is hilarious, flufflvr.

Teddy doesn't always let me know when he needs to go outside, but he holds it as long as he has to, so I always make sure to take him out every few hours. He hasn't had an accident in the house (or the office) in months. I think I might try getting him to use a bell though.

Yay!!! for Jasper!! (almost forgot to say it) :)

·
Registered
768 Posts
ooo Panda did the same today! Day three and he is getting it, he started walking out to the back door to go out for his wee wee instead of just going anywhere! Clever little puppy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts