Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to shave my 19 month old spoo last night. I really wanted to put him into an English saddle clip, but I'm not that brave. So I put him in an HCC. This is only the second time I've tried this clip and the last time was on my old mini.
I did not get him blow out as well as I should have. We both got a little fed up with it, and I knew that we were in for a long haul so I decided not to ask too much of him. But I know that would have made a huge difference.
I'm also not great at scissoring, so didn't attempt too much. I thought I'd get advice first so that I wouldn't take off too much and make him look too terrible.
So, my question for all of you that are more experienced than me, how do make him look better?

Attachments

·
Registered
587 Posts
I do not have much experience with this clip but I would say you probably need to clip the rosets so that they are smaller and make the jacket just a bit shorter on the body so that it blends in with the head well. Applecelery I think that is the correct name at least is doing a historically correct right now look at that thread. Look for the youtube channel Asher the Show Spoo she is here on poodle forum. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I agree with EV to make the rosettes smaller and move everything forward a bit. Use the little flap of skin below the rosette as a guide - everything above the flap (is there a scientific name of this??)

I think you could also bring up the bottom of the jacket around the front legs. You shouldn’t have much more than 1-2 inch long hair between the front legs IMO.

Look how small Siba’s rosettes are. I messed with the color of this picture so I could better see the outline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
587 Posts
I think it is called the tuck up flap if you are talking about the loose flap of skin between the ribs and the legs.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Pashta, I'm applauding you. You've made a marvelous great start here, and he looks good. The groom may not be completely by the rule book, but your boy still manages to look quite fetching. Pat yourself on the back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts