Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seriously don't know what I did that was so wrong in my former transaction. The puppy was well cared for, found a good home according to the breeder, and has moved on to a happy life. Why is it necessary to stalk me still? Really? Have you ever had someone stalk you over a puppy situation not working out? I've gotten to the point that if I had proof I'd want to press charges but it's so easy to stalk someone on the internet without being able to find proof of it.:loco:

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Geeeeeeeez!!! I'm so sorry this is happening KPoos!! I know it's hard to ignore people who can't seem to help putting themselves all up in your business, but that's the only advice I've got - It won't help to lower yourself to her level and all it will do is perpetuate the abuse... Hopefully in time she'll just get over it...

Enjoy your family and your pets and just be confident within yourself that you're doing everything right!

Good Luck!!

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I feel like I have to double check everything. I just don't find it fair that I get treated like this over such a simple situation. Nobody was worse for the wear in that situation except that now I need to be paranoid about people internet stalking me.:doh:

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
change email addresses, usernames, etc or just wait it out. It'll blow over. Just don't bring it up.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree with Locket just let it die down ..
It's really easy for both of you to say that whenever it doesn't affect YOUR lives. If I want to go to a dog show anywhere in my state I have to run into this person and I've been told that EVERYONE knows to watch out for me so yeah for a person that can be unnerved easily it's not easy to just sit back and pretend that you don't have people out there trying to purposely pick at you over nothing.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I really do not know anybody behaving that way :smow: - going after the ex-owner - but some breeders go after each other on the internet - no doubt about that !!! :smow:

You are not in an easy position - absolutely not : (. Maybe you should look into some "internet laws" and harassing ??? I know that there are some that prohibit that and that there are legal consequences for doing so !

Unfortunately - you can only hope for her to "move on" with her life and agenda and just try to keep your cool and as Plum said - stay above her and the whole situation. If she has a circle that follows her - that it is just that circle. There must be others that see her for what she is and would not take her word without thinking twice ; ) !

It will calm down eventually - never 100 % though, I fear, since she is obviously disturbed person for doing that in the first place : (((

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
I do hate it for you, what I don't like to see is phony users signing up and building relationships with the rest of us----->>>>Just to get at you. :rolffleyes: I hope that's not happening again........

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
I do hate it for you, what I don't like to see is phony users signing up and building relationships with the rest of us----->>>>Just to get at you. :rolffleyes: I hope that's not happening again........
Oh, that is happening to more than just Kpoos!!! Little alliances all over the place. It is entertaining if nothing else.

Kpoos, I wish I knew what to say to you to make you feel better. You have just as much right to be at the dog shows as she does. What Wishpoo said is absolutely correct. There will be people at the shows who don't like her and want nothing to do with her, so it is just a matter of finding them, and you will. How many people have come on here and tried to fool everyone into thinking they are something that they're not?? I know from the number of PM's I get that nobody (well, maybe some) haven't been fooled at all. It is just a matter of time before poeple figure things out. And you give someone like this enough rope, they hang themselves eventually!! It all comes out in the wash.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
You're not truly involved in the dog world until you've had at least one major falling out and people talking behind your back. Trust me, I've seen it all with my mom over the years. Happily none of it has turned into online stalking as of yet, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time!

At the end of the day, as others have said, I think you have to rise above it and go about doing whatever you want to do. You'll find other like minded people out there if you look for them. And whatever you do don't let it detract from the enjoyment you get out of your dogs!

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
How many people have come on here and tried to fool everyone into thinking they are something that they're not??
Oh, btw... I'm 5'11", with a small tush and big boobs and I'm fabulously wealthy!! (in my dreams!!!) :pound: :lol:

KPoos - I hope you're able to come up with a way to stop the insanity! Sometimes you want to just tell people to GROW UP and GET A LIFE!!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Well, I don't know the situation completely but I remember reading threads about another pup or something. The only advice I could think to give would be this: Confront her. I don't mean in a hostile way. Think about the entire situation that took place and try to see if there was anything that you did that was wrong. Of course i am sure there was plenty more that was done wrong by her(i don't know if it is a her but I will just say her) but just try to think about what may have been construed as wrong on your part even if it was just a reaction to something wrong that was done by her. Call her or contact via email and say "_____ I want to contact you to discuss our differences on "so and so". I know that we both wish the situation had never occured and are sorry that it did. I realize I could have handled the situation differently and _____(or whatever you could possibly apologize for) and I don't want this to hang over either of our heads any longer. I want to forgive each other and move on. Could we please call a truce and just agree that it is over."

If it works, great. If not, you haven't lost anything and I am sure it hit home with her in some regard.

I know this probably isn't something anyone wants to do and again- I really don't know even half of the story, but this is the only advice I can give based on that. Good luck:)

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't like having enemies and I want to feel comfortable attending any show I want to so I might take your advice on this.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Well, if you did EVERYTHING right, and didn't step on ANYONE'S toes, there would still be people who intentionally try and make your life miserable. I would try what Kalamama suggested, and if it doesn't help, at least you know you have done all you can do and walk away with your head held high. It is the nature of the beast-just people being the way people are.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Some people have ENTIRELY too much time on their hands!

Keep your chin up Kpoos. In the past I have found that it's always better to talk directly to the person causing the trouble. In my own life I have found that doing it this way usually shuts them up! Also you can feel good about NOT talking about her behind her back. I'm absolutely AGAINST talking about people behind their backs. I'm not in high school anymore and despite what others say, high school years were NOT the best years of my life! :)

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Well, I don't know the situation completely but I remember reading threads about another pup or something. The only advice I could think to give would be this: Confront her. I don't mean in a hostile way. Think about the entire situation that took place and try to see if there was anything that you did that was wrong. Of course i am sure there was plenty more that was done wrong by her(i don't know if it is a her but I will just say her) but just try to think about what may have been construed as wrong on your part even if it was just a reaction to something wrong that was done by her. Call her or contact via email and say "_____ I want to contact you to discuss our differences on "so and so". I know that we both wish the situation had never occured and are sorry that it did. I realize I could have handled the situation differently and _____(or whatever you could possibly apologize for) and I don't want this to hang over either of our heads any longer. I want to forgive each other and move on. Could we please call a truce and just agree that it is over."

If it works, great. If not, you haven't lost anything and I am sure it hit home with her in some regard.

I know this probably isn't something anyone wants to do and again- I really don't know even half of the story, but this is the only advice I can give based on that. Good luck:)
I like this approach and have, in fact, used this in the past. It is easy to make enemies when working in town government. At the end of the day, if it doesn't help, you are able to walk away knowing that you did everything you were able to do to work things out and move on with your life.

If she continues to be the jerk she is, there is nothing you can do about it. You have control over only what you do and no one else. People like that will always exist and do the nasty things they do. They just refuse let go and get get some kind of warped satisfaction in tormenting people who are sensitive.

I am sure you can make friends that are not in her circle and concentrate your efforts there.

I hope that she does not get to the point where you have to resort to legal action; but, if she does, you shouldn't hesitate to do what you have to do.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts