Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have this problem and figured out a way to solve it. My boy Handsome is a strong pee'er. Sometimes he puts his leg down before the stream has come to a complete stop and the back of his leg gets wet. I rinse his legs at the end of day and spray stazko spray or Ice on Ice. But the problem would be solved if he would just hold his leg for a few seconds longer. Luckily he is black so no staining but urine is urine and something I would rather not have to deal with.

He is still intact so he lifts his leg a little more often than normal.

Any thoughts or suggestions welcomed

·
Registered
646 Posts
I don't think lifting leg has anything to do with nutered or not some do some don't.
Is the hair on his penis trimmed or not? Can't remember now but I believe I read the wicking effect sprays it farther.
I am seriously concidering buying one of those stone hydrents for the run so he pees on that.
Casey is 50/50 leg lift and when he squats it sometimes gets on legs especialy when I let his hair get really long.

No answer for ya sorry but am in the same problem some days

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. He is clean under there with a rectangle patch on his abdomen. I can't understand cause I look at all the other poodles/doodles and they never seem to have that wet/curly haired leg but then maybe they just do. Now I am wondering maybe it is the structure itself and the length of his body (he is not as long). But I wish I could figure it out. Like a deflector or something :)

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Billy has just started peeing too far forward (he still squats at 8 months) and sometimes hits a front leg. So this problem is new to me and I don't know what to do about it either except maybe to put those things on their legs that protect the hair. Does anyone use those for this problem?

·
Registered
149 Posts
SpooSpirit - The pee cuffs/boots I told you about is how I handled it for Lance. When he was growing up he never lifted. He'd only ever seen girls go so that's how he went. Once he went to a handler & saw how all the other boys went... well that was it. The rest of his life he would sometimes hit front legs (50/50ish). I've asked a few handlers how to stop this "problem" & none of them had any solution but the cuffs/boots unfortunately.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
SpooSpirit - The pee cuffs/boots I told you about is how I handled it for Lance. When he was growing up he never lifted. He'd only ever seen girls go so that's how he went. Once he went to a handler & saw how all the other boys went... well that was it.
LOL! That is sooo funny. I wonder if that is why Billy is still squatting. Our other dogs are females. I actually saw him make a half and awkward attempt at lifting his leg at the end a couple of days ago. It was quite funny to see him experimenting. So THE CUFFS IT IS! I'd rather wash them than Billy!! LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts