Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Havanese R so very cute! Don’t they have some poodle in their lines somewhere? They appear to b a smaller but sturdy dog. U have puppy fever?!!

·
Super Moderator
7,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Havanese R so very cute! Don’t they have some poodle in their lines somewhere? They appear to b a smaller but sturdy dog. U have puppy fever?!!
One of the most highly regarded breeders around here has a two-year waitlist, so it feels like something I should act on soon if I'm serious (which I am). Every one I've met I've loved.

They have a fascinating history:

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
I love the big dog/small dog combo! A friend has PWDs and Havanese, and they get along great. The Havanese can't always quite keep up, but is always game to try!

Bichons always seem very poodley to me - all of the mischief, none of the exercise.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
I would have gotten a havanese in a heart bet. After the loss of our boxer my daughter has been searching for a puppy to cuddle. While we love the boxer we just can't seem to be ready for one so ..(we still cry whenever we see one). We searched high n low for a Havanese but just couldn't find one. She is getting a shih tzu probably in the next week or two. We have had them before and while small are sturdy lil dogs. hopefully Renn will be gentle but it will be awhile before we actually allow them to play, he is on the larger size compared to others in the litter so I think he will be bigger than normal. If not he will just have to stay on the other side of the house and we will take turns. hopefully it will be fine Renn is now ok with the cairn terrier and she is only 12 lbs. but she is tough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts