Poodle Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Today Lacey got me good. I had just picked her up and suddenly she whipped her head upwards, causing the top of her skull to hit the bottom of my jaw. It slammed my mouth shut, making me bite my tongue HARD. My tongue still hurts hours later.
Day to day I get lots of small paw-sized bruises on my upper thighs just from her standing on them.
She really bopped you good if it’s still tender. Ouch. Glad you’re on the road to healing.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Whoa! So a true muzzle punch! I've read about those and actually posted about them here when Peggy excitedly bopped me in the nose a couple of times. (I'd almost forgotten about that. My nose throbs in memory.)

I feel like a collie's elongated muzzle would be quite lethal with such a move.
Oh man, your poor nose. My brother used to get black eyes from our Dobermans. I grew up surrounded by Dobers. They poke, punch, & jab with their noses.

Yes with the needle nose she's like a self defense finger strike. Smaller area with strong force equals sharp & ouch.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Today Lacey got me good. I had just picked her up and suddenly she whipped her head upwards, causing the top of her skull to hit the bottom of my jaw. It slammed my mouth shut, making me bite my tongue HARD. My tongue still hurts hours later.
Day to day I get lots of small paw-sized bruises on my upper thighs just from her standing on them.
She really bopped you good if it’s still tender. Ouch. Glad you’re on the road to healing.
A dachshund mix puppy did the same thing to me years ago! He seemed entirely unaffected by it. Howwww?

Hope your poor jaw and tongue are feeling better soon.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Oh man, your poor nose. My brother used to get black eyes from our Dobermans. I grew up surrounded by Dobers. They poke, punch, & jab with their noses.

Yes with the needle nose she's like a self defense finger strike. Smaller area with strong force equals sharp & ouch.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Dobermans are so lean, I imagine any sort of collision with that body would hurt. And lol to needle nose. I feel such a deep affection for collies. I think they have the cutest eyes.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts