Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WE bought a Pedicure but I am afraid to use it. Anyone have experience with it? I files the nails instead of cutting.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've heard those are okay. I opted for a regular dremel instead. The good thing about peticure that I've read is that it catches the nail dust.

I think they're about the same price as a regular dremel, mine was $20 and is cordless.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont know what a dremmel is but from what you said it sounds like it grinds or files - how does the dog react to it? I am definitly not starting with Ginger! (she doesnt like her feet touched) Now if I can put it together I will try it on Teddy.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
actually we paid 59.99 - guess i should have done some research! lol saw a commercial on tv and it looked good. oh well.

·
Registered
627 Posts
The Dremmel is a power sanding tool, not designed for dogs. You have to be careful in that it doesn't have a guard for keeping the hair out. Max was skittish at first but I worked up to using it gradually. First I had him sit by me for a treat with it off. Then I turned it on but kept it on the other side of me. Then I played with his feet with it nearby etc.... The whole process took only 15 minutes.

I need to do the same with the hair dryer because he goes in the crate when I turn it on! Baby steps.... : )

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh..thanks - with the peticure you are supposed to do that also. then when you use it you only do 3-5 seconds at a time and look at the nail. It looks so easy on tv I hope it really is!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts