Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I am not familiar with this breeder, and I live about twenty miles from them. The thing that is a red flag for me is that there is no evidence that dogs are shown in conformation, obedience, agility, or any other dog sport. My poodles are service, and therapy dogs, so I want some evidence that the breeding stock is doing some type of work. Why? Participation in sports shows that the dogs have a biddable temperament. And while the parti-colors cannot be shown in AKC conformation classes, our area has UKC shows that allow the showing of multi-colored poodles.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not familiar with this breeder, and I live about twenty miles from them. The thing that is a red flag for me is that there is no evidence that dogs are shown in conformation, obedience, agility, or any other dog sport. My poodles are service, and therapy dogs, so I want some evidence that the breeding stock is doing some type of work. Why? Participation in sports shows that the dogs have a biddable temperament. And while the parti-colors cannot be shown in AKC conformation classes, our area has UKC shows that allow the showing of multi-colored poodles.
Good advice, thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts