Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with or has heard of DuPuy poodles? I did see a post on here from someone who seems to have had a negative experience with getting a middle aged dog from them. However, I was wondering if anyone has had any other experiences with them (either good or bad) and or has heard anything about them? They are located in Virginia and breed toy and miniatures.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with or has heard of DuPuy poodles? I did see a post on here from someone who seems to have had a negative experience with getting a middle aged dog from them. However, I was wondering if anyone has had any other experiences with them (either good or bad) and or has heard anything about them? They are located in Virginia and breed toy and miniatures.
Unfortunately there is very little info online about them. They mention showing but it seems maybe they showed standards in the past and I see no info on toys or miniatures they have shown. I looked on OFA but don't see anything that looks current. So you'd have to find out what health testing they complete.

Personally I'd give a pass based on what I see, but you might find it worth it to speak to them. I don't like the lack of grooming for puppies, and their miniatures seem to have more toy-like features than I'd want if I was looking for a mini. I don't know if perhaps they are breeding oversized toys.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I've found a lot of breeders who initially look good but once I ask for more information, they end up not having all of the health testing or something else seems suspicious. This breeder does state she's an "AKC Breeder of Merit."

Do you know if there is a way to check if someone is actually an AKC Breeder of Merit? I've seen breeders claim they are but is there any actual way to confirm this?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Nevermind - I was putting it as one word and not two.
Ah yes, I should have mentioned that. I searched by state and went to the Ds.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi I’ve recently been in touch with them too. What did you ultimately decide?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi I’ve recently been in touch with them too. What did you ultimately decide?
They mentioned to me that a lot of people were already reserving future litters and if I was interested I should reserve one. I wasn't sure if they meant put a deposit down or what, so I asked what I would need to do to reserve one and they never responded.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts