Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all :)

I’m trying to size a Y front harness for alterations, since I screwed up his measurements when I ordered it. If I cut the strap that goes from the front to behind his shoulders (10” if it fits him now), there is about 2.5” left for growth. He just turned one a couple weeks ago and all his measurements are the same as when he was 10 months. I’m scared to cut it since there’s no going back, but how much bigger can his shoulders really get? I really don’t know much about where and when standards fill out, though.

Advice greatly appreciated!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
308 Posts
I would leave the harness alone and pick up a smaller one. Go to a store that sells dog harnesses and bring the dog inside with you. Get a perfect fit. He will grow into the one you want to cut up soon enough. If he doesn't fit the harness you have by 2 years of age, then think of cutting it.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
I wouldn't alter it either, just get another one. I don't use a harness but did on our boxer, we ordered it from 2 hounds,(freedom harness) https://www.2houndsdesign.com
If you contact them with all your measurements they will help size it for you. Ours came and fit perfectly, even though there was room to alter it if the need arose.
My standard will be 2 in Dec. he is filling out still but not a big change.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts