Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am posting pics of Levi (who got cut by my former groomer a couple weeks ago) and Paulie. Am so happy with my new groomer...she has her national certification which not many groomers have and had no trouble at all bonding and grooming Levi...no mishaps!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Thats great, glad it all worked out and Levi was not apprehensive over the last incident. Both look fabulous!:)

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
FANTASTIC!!!

I'm so glad you decided to go elsewhere and have found somebody you like. You're right about there not being alot of truely certified groomers out there, same is true for dog trainers. Not that the certification makes the groomer, but it's nice to have.

Anyway glad to hear there were no mishaps this time. I hope your former groomer has wised up and at least gotten somebody to draw her up a release form... better if she could avoid accidents all together but she should at least be attempting to keep good records and protect the business. It still floors me that you were never asked to fill out any sort of paperwork for recording keeping or hold harmless purposes. I can't conduct business that way, makes me to nervous.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know that she told me the last I talked with her that she was getting with her lawyer to get some forms drawn up...wants customers to sign off on using her vet if there is a problem. She does not have her customer base set up in a system (nor her bookkeeping either) so that each time I would go in, one of her groomers had to spend several minutes finding the index card for my poodle to refer to from the last visit. I had given her the phone no. of my long-time friend who does bookkeeping for small businesses and told her she cd at least set her up with QuickBooks and teach her how to use it. But that was a few months ago...I did not realize that people would be in business and not fully know what they are doing....I agree with you Wonder Pup...that would make me nervous also.
And I know that all good groomers don't have certification, but it is a credential that at least tells a potential customer that they have had training and experience-made me feel better although a different attitude on the part of the owner would have kept me in her shop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts