Poodle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Annie,

Two years ago today, I drove 5 hours through the snow to meet you, exhausted even before I left from last minute puppy-proofing, puppy supply buying, and a long week at work. Then drove 5 hours home with a somewhat pukey puppy in my car, collapsing on my hall floor with a black ball of fuzz in my lap, barely able to believe that after years of dreaming - I finally had a dog.

You remain the cutest fuzzball, shadowing my heels and laying claim to my legs as a pillow, tackling challenges and new situations with cheerful confidence at my side. You make me smile and laugh every day.

You have helped through long trips to distant cities, challenged me to keep camping and hiking, given me the willpower to get out of the house, and have snuggled at my side on the days when I can't go out. My adventure partner. My couch buddy. My personal fitness coach. Always ready to tackle the next thing I ask for.

Here's to many more years.

I solemnly promise no baths or grooming today no matter how much it's tempting me. A new toy, a chewie, and a stuffed kong instead. I'm sorry the raw bone store was closed when we went yesterday. Hopefully a good off leash walk somewhere for the best poodle ever.

Now:
Snow Sky Tree Active pants Freezing

Conqueror of snowbanks

"Thanks for buying me cardboard, human!"

The human pillow

And then:

First evening - snuggles in the hall

Second day - already preparing to take over my bed

Snow!

Dry spring grass is a toy for a winter puppy!

·
Registered
10,468 Posts
Happy gotcha day to the beautiful Annie! That cardboard looks like fun

Reactions: For Want of Poodle

·
Premium Member
25,464 Posts
Happy gotcha day you two!

Reactions: For Want of Poodle

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone! Annie had a great day - we went for a long walk in a town she hasn't been to before, then went to her dog park where all of her friends happened to be.

Then I tried her new kong-knockoffs which I had stuffed with soaked kibble and frozen (I recommend not buying the Pet valu store brand knockoffs, they do not work as well as a kong) and now she will get a chew for bed time.

Best of all - no bath, no clipping ! (No guarantees for tomorrow, sorry dog).

Not too shabby being a poodle!

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Annie,

Two years ago today, I drove 5 hours through the snow to meet you, exhausted even before I left from last minute puppy-proofing, puppy supply buying, and a long week at work. Then drove 5 hours home with a somewhat pukey puppy in my car, collapsing on my hall floor with a black ball of fuzz in my lap, barely able to believe that after years of dreaming - I finally had a dog.

You remain the cutest fuzzball, shadowing my heels and laying claim to my legs as a pillow, tackling challenges and new situations with cheerful confidence at my side. You make me smile and laugh every day.

You have helped through long trips to distant cities, challenged me to keep camping and hiking, given me the willpower to get out of the house, and have snuggled at my side on the days when I can't go out. My adventure partner. My couch buddy. My personal fitness coach. Always ready to tackle the next thing I ask for.

I solemnly promise no baths or grooming today no matter how much it's tempting me. A new toy, a chewie, and a stuffed kong instead. I'm sorry the raw bone store was closed when we went yesterday. Hopefully a good off leash walk somewhere for the best poodle ever.

Now:
/ View attachment 474217
Conqueror of snowbanks
View attachment 474234
View attachment 474235
The human pillow

And then:
View attachment 474228

View attachment 474229
View attachment 474233
Snow!

View attachment 474230

·
Registered
5 Posts
Annie,

Now:
View attachment 474217
Conqueror of snowbanks
View attachment 474234
View attachment 474235
The human pillow

And then:
View attachment 474228

View attachment 474229
View attachment 474233
Snow!

View attachment 474230

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.